Participation 2025 Worlds Jakarta

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Yes. I don’t think ASCAP applies to educational settings. But no idea how that applies internationally.
Yeah, I don’t understand how this works when so many international skaters use American music and they’re not having issues. Most music artists don’t even own their own music because the record label does, so I don’t think just asking the artists works. That’s exactly why there’s licensing that covers record labels themselves.

Very possible. Out of my group of gym fans who’ve been to almost every worlds since 2015 (Doha and Kitakyushu were the exceptions), no one is considering going except me.

Jakarta is not a touristy place which may deter international attendees. It has a growing tourism industry but it mostly gets diplomatic and business travelers.

People who went to Doha said it wasn’t all that different. Minor things mostly.
I went and there were no issues for me as a spectator. As far as the dress code goes, I don't have it, so I don't flaunt it. But there was no need for head covering, and jeans and a T shirt were fine.

There are countries where the sexes are segregated at certain events. Many years ago in Iran, women were arrested for trying to attend a MAG event.

However, I can understand having questions about it, as there was a lot of fear mongering and downright misinformation coming from folks with a lot of social media reach who were upset about the choice.

I'll likely go to Jakarta if possible. It is more liberal than Doha. But it's no paradise for gay or women's rights, either.

One theory I heard about the format was that it allows more countries to get medals. Like if China and Japan can only send 3 guys each, more medal chances for other countries.

I still hate it.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back