Our Commentary on the Commentary!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

My legal first name gets mispronounced all the time (its not Parker that's my preferred name). Its American and its really not that hard I swear haha.

ETA: Not gonna give my last name but my legal first is Carolyn. I doubt anyone will find me with that I know like 4 people with the same first name as me that are also my age in my area lol

I have an unusual (though not difficult to pronounce imo) first name and a Congolese last name and no one ever pronounces either of them correctly.

My legal first name gets mispronounced all the time (its not Parker that's my preferred name). Its American and its really not that hard I swear haha.

ETA: Not gonna give my last name but my legal first is Carolyn. I doubt anyone will find me with that I know like 4 people with the same first name as me that are also my age in my area lol
Mary Clare is my gymnternet name and has been for 22 years. Gymnternet people actually call me this. And I’m sure it confuses people, because it doesn’t sound very Russian. I’m 99% sure I’ve met people who’ve just assumed Mary Clare is my name 😂

I married a Dutch man and considered taking his surname just so an estimated 0.01% in this world would be able to pronounce both my name and surname correctly
So basically just your husband

Mary Clare is my gymnternet name and has been for 22 years. Gymnternet people actually call me this. And I’m sure it confuses people, because it doesn’t sound very Russian. I’m 99% sure I’ve met people who’ve just assumed Mary Clare is my name 😂
Am I allowed to ask where Mary Clare comes from? I usually assume internet user names aren't real names.

My husband, bless his heart, does his very best at my name and it's pretty darn good, but actually I think the only person would be a basque friend I have who's been living in the netherlands for 20 years

I mean, now that you've mentioned you're part Irish...

But seriously, for most of the time I've encountered you on the gymnternet, I've assumed that you were British, so I wasn't necessarily expecting you to have a Russian name.

Am I allowed to ask where Mary Clare comes from? I usually assume internet user names aren't real names.
There was a real thing in the early 00s where parents would drum into their kids about not using their real name online. I was signing up for Gymworld and on the desk, next to the massive desktop computer I was using, was the text book for my religious studies homework. And the author was Mary Clare someone

There was a real thing in the early 00s where parents would drum into their kids about not using their real name online. I was signing up for Gymworld and on the desk, next to the massive desktop computer I was using, was the text book for my religious studies homework. And the author was Mary Clare someone
Yea my mom always has drilled that into me. I usually use my preferred first name which is not at all close to my legal first name and even if someone were to find out my last name I'm changing it when I turn 18 anyways so

I mean, now that you've mentioned you're part Irish...

But seriously, for most of the time I've encountered you on the gymnternet, I've assumed that you were British, so I wasn't necessarily expecting you to have a Russian name.
It’s Lara

Incidentally, I feel much less safe online now than I did when I was 12!

Omg WHEN you turn 18? This might be the most shocking thing I've seen all day today

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back