Other Olympic Sports--Articles and Discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Yeah, the quad view is showing the breaking with no music so I am missing some context, but this is a no from me.

I watched some of the sport climbing and I find it fascinating. If I had any upper body strength and still had all finger/grip strength after my saw accident, that would be the sport I would do. I like how they have to figure the puzzles out.

(If breakdancing can be in the Olympics, can speed puzzling be added? I might have a chance there)

I watched some of the sport climbing and I find it fascinating.
I was engrossed by this sport in Tokyo and today I was watching it on my phone in a train station and yelling quite loudly! It's a tense watch and I love the puzzle solving aspect as well.

If CWG does die then I extra hope netball gets into the Olympics. Might be a struggle with the gender parity aim though. Squash is finally making its debut in LA and that's been a long time coming.

I simultaneously do/do not want to hear this story.
I'll keep it ungross. Managed to cut my fingers up with a saw and after surgery, they are all there but the middle one doesn't flex at the tip joint so my grip is compromised. Watching me try to pick up a handful of lego (a handful of anything really) with my left hand is pretty hilarious. So I am definitely not going to be attempting rock climbing.

I love when they are interviewing people and you can see the little remote control cars in the background taking the discus and whatnot back to the launching pad. Clearly the robots have started the takeover!

I wonder how much Renault paid to have their cars as the remote controlled ones?

I would eliminate equestrian. Unnecessary stress onthe horses. Too many have to be euthanized when they get injured, and I cannot imagine the abuse these poor horses face. We have seen multiple pieces of evidence throughout various Olympics of abuse and fatal injuries.

First the horse being punched by the German rider in 2021. Now the British rider was caught on video choking her horse that was supposed to compete in Paris. The video was older but she withdrew from Paris.

A Swiss horse was euthanized in Tokyo after getting injured.

Eliminate all equestrian and modern pent. events moving forward for the welfare and safety of of horses.

It is not a sport to me as the horse is doing the work really.

ETA I am not posting any links of the gruesome evidence. Google will work for those curious.

I would eliminate equestrian. Unnecessary stress onthe horses. Too many have to be euthanized when they get injured, and I cannot imagine the abuse these poor horses face. We have seen multiple pieces of evidence throughout various Olympics of abuse and fatal injuries.

First the horse being punched by the German rider in 2021. Now the British rider was caught on video choking her horse that was supposed to compete in Paris. The video was older but she withdrew from Paris.

A Swiss horse was euthanized in Tokyo after getting injured.

Eliminate all equestrian and modern pent. events moving forward for the welfare and safety of of horses.

It is not a sport to me as the horse is doing the work really.

ETA I am not posting any links of the gruesome evidence. Google will work for those curious.
so, this is the last year for horses in modern pent. They are switching to a ninja-warrior course (or something like that) for LA.

Canada and Brazil are playing for gold in beach volleyball. The pairs had a big argument with the ref trying to break them up. Then the DJ started playing "Imagine" to calm everyone down lol.

Are those really the best people they could get?

Are those really the best people they could get?
Oh man, I realize that getting someone from every continent is required in most sports, but you feel so badly for the ones who don't even have the basics. There was one of the bouldering climbers for the women who was from south Africa and it almost seemed like she had never seen a climbing wall before. She seemed like a good sport about it, but nan, that was the best they could find?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back