Other Olympic Sports--Articles and Discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

There are only 8 teams, no prelims. There is one final and that is it. France made it because of being host country. They would not have qualified otherwise.

That said it is an amazing accomplishment. Juliet will be going to Auburn for diving, which is a strong program. I can see her competing again in LA 28.
That is crazy and unbelievably unfair that the host nation gets a berth in every single event when there are only 8 teams.

IIRC hosts get to be in every single event, individual, team, pairs, etc. Unless they decline and it is reallocated.

I would have to track down the 2024 Diving Worlds to see if France would still have qualified.

3 top teams from 2023 get a berth, the 4 top teams not already qualified in 2024 get a berth. One reserved for France. If they qualify outright, the spot is reallocated.

France got a host country spot for women's 3m synchro. 2023 qualifiers were China, Great Britain, and Italy. US, Ukraine, Australia, and Germany qualified via 2024 worlds.

France wasn't even close. They finished 14th in 23 and 24.

IIRC hosts get to be in every single event, individual, team, pairs, etc. Unless they decline and it is reallocated.

I would have to track down the 2024 Diving Worlds to see if France would still have qualified.

3 top teams from 2023 get a berth, the 4 top teams not already qualified in 2024 get a berth. One reserved for France. If they qualify outright, the spot is reallocated.
They only qualified outright in one of the synchro events in 2023, but their best result at 2024 worlds was 12th.

I can understand one team getting a host spot, but four is ridiculous.

Shocking loss from defending champion judoka Uta Abe (JPN). Since she lost in the second round, she can't proceed to repechage rounds. I'll note Diyora Keldiyorova (UZB) was the top seeded judoka.

Last edited:
Shocking loss from defending champion judoka Uta Abe (JPN). Since she lost in the second round, she can't proceed to repechage rounds. I'll note Diyora Keldiyorova (UZB) was the top seeded judoka.

She was literally howling like a dog- my other half was watching this while I had the gymnastics on!

I have no idea what's going on with surfing. My husband says scoring is based a vibes, dude. (Yes, really, that's how he said it) People keep crashing. It's completely crazy.

I think skateboard is all about vibe too. Break dancing might be also.

Imagine being an Olympic surfer and finding out that your Olympic experience will be far, far away from all the rest. They are stuck in French Polynesia. Tahiti to be exact. Too me, that sounds like heaven. Bora Bora is the most beautiful place I've ever seen.

I have no idea what's going on with surfing. My husband says scoring is based a vibes, dude. (Yes, really, that's how he said it) People keep crashing. It's completely crazy.

What watching gymnastics feel like for four-year fans.

Imagine being an Olympic surfer and finding out that your Olympic experience will be far, far away from all the rest. They are stuck in French Polynesia. Tahiti to be exact. Too me, that sounds like heaven. Bora Bora is the most beautiful place I've ever seen.
Every time they turn the camera towards the island, it's just otherworldly beautiful.

Is there really a guy designated to retrieve lost items in the pool?

my first non-gymnastics obsessions are kayak and canoe slalom. That’s wildly entertaining.

Handball is where it's at. Love it.
I saw handball for the first time today and thought it was a really exciting fun and fast sport. There was also a great atmosphere in the arena despite it being 0900.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back