MyKayla Skinner Olympic participation

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Skinner may receive a last minute invitation to be on the Gold tour, especially depending on how her Olympics go. She might even have an agent, already lining up opportunities for her. Like her or not, MyKayla is photogenic, not in the least bit camera shy, and her own best cheerleader when she is on - as well as a great cheerleader for her teammates. She also has a decent following for someone who never won a Worlds or the Olympics. Her fan base could grow even more after a billion people watch the Games. I can also see her getting invited to shows like Dancing With The Stars. I’m sure she’ll make some quite decent bank before she is through. 💰💰💰

Eta: I wish Becky and Ellie were invited. And Riley!

Last edited:
You always have a couple hellscape tour stops, but Simone’s actually looks like a great opportunity to see the USA and get paid doing it. I would love to see both Becky and Ellie join in some capacity.

2 shows in New York (hopping on the Q at 14th Street, fam), LA, Chicago, Bay Area, DC, Boston, Philly, Denver, Twin Cities, Houston, DFW, San Antonio, St. Louis, Milwaukee, Kansas City…reaching some diminishing marginal returns for international tourists as we approach the end of the tour stop list (I had to look up West Valley City, and was shocked to see Duluth on the list), but nobody will ever go hungry or thirsty sans Utah, and it would be pretty awesome to be whisked around those first 10 or so.

Last edited:
I am very shocked that the CT stop is not in Hartford but in Bridgeport.
No chance of me going now!

Reactions: MRR
I just looked up tickets for the Duluth event (we’re outside of Atlanta) and CANNOT BELIEVE how expensive they are. Like $100 per seat for a shitty seat. Trying to think if there’s ever a show I’ve seen for over $100 and I’m coming up blank. I was expecting like $30-40. I can take my boys to see an NCAA semi final in Athens for $10-20 if I can convince them they’ll be on my lap the whole time, $300 for an “I’m over it were just doing flip flops and line dances”, no freaking way.

I just looked up tickets for the Duluth event (we’re outside of Atlanta) and CANNOT BELIEVE how expensive they are. Like $100 per seat for a shitty seat. Trying to think if there’s ever a show I’ve seen for over $100 and I’m coming up blank. I was expecting like $30-40. I can take my boys to see an NCAA semi final in Athens for $10-20 if I can convince them they’ll be on my lap the whole time, $300 for an “I’m over it were just doing flip flops and line dances”, no freaking way.
I don’t blame you, USAG(and it seems this tour’s) prices are insane… it cost me less to go to Worlds in another country for all finals and hotel than it cost me to go to nationals a few years ago!

Same. Third level at Sprint was almost $100. I think that’s almost as much as watching nationals a few years ago at sprint.

Insane.

Remarkably, I could find seats for less than $30 (before fees) in Charlotte. Not good seats, but not the astronomical prices I’m accustomed to seeing for gymnastics. Of course, prices go up steeply from there.

I’m not sure enough people would be daft enough to pay to make it worth her while

Skinners new YT video, Spini giving her corrections on bars “every tenth counts if you wanna make that all around final”

Last edited:
Confirming something we knew all along. Skinner never learnt a DLO. Her Moors is just an opened out Silivas.

I back tracked when I said she was delusional
I’m going back to calling her delusional
I mean really?
Really!!!
For her to make top two, there would have to be injuries or a meltdown of epic proportions.
Epic!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back