Maroney speaks out

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Doug1233

Defender

I guess we kinda knew all this already, but put so succinctly is harrowing.

And re: the last slide - Alicia or Anna?

Last edited:
Not sure but I read it to be talking about Tokyo worlds 2011. Hatch wasn’t on that team so my guess would be Sacramone.

Has Alicia said anything?

I’ll bet this is the last thing she wants on her timeline…

Last edited:
No one on the 2008 Olympic Team ever said they had been a victim of Nassar. I would say maybe he deliberately refrained from preying on certain girls so he would have this kind of built in defense? of course there is no way he could have known who would end up on the 2008 Team but there may well have been a certain age group he stayed away from for this purpose? I don’t know. Just throwing this out. I mean didn’t we always wonder why no one on that team had self-identified as a Nassar victim?

Luann Peszek was the Director of Communications at USA Gymnastics at the time. You also had a bunch of 3 different parents coaching athletes during that quad. Valeri, Andy and Jana’s mother.
Right. But why would Alicia’s reaction be to attack McKayla as opposed to wanting to find out if this was really happening. When the scandal first broke Nastia immediately (albeit only initially) strongly defended Nassar. I can not help but think there was some deliberate manipulation on his part. I could of course be totally wrong. But I have seen it with predatory Priests. There are some kids they do not touch and seem to set up to use as “character witnesses.”

It sounds like that group of coaches was more personally involved. That was what the Spinis said spared skinner.

Last edited:
It sounds like that group of coaches was more personally involved. That was what the Spinis said spared skinner.
Both things could be true. Predators are incredibly cunning and calculating. Nassar certainly was. And they work with the situations they are presented with to their maximal advantage. All in the service of perpetuating their abuse while protecting themselves.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back