Kara Eaker, from University of Utah to ?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

blake

Kara Eaker announces her retirement. I hope she can find peace. It sounds like she had an awful experience at Utah.

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 7.42.54 PM

Last edited by a moderator:
Devastating. Such a shame she’s had to go through this and probably even harder for her to compare herself to Leanne who at least seems to have absolutely flourished and seems to have great relationships with her coaches

Last edited:
Wow this is awful for her. How can they justify Tom being kept on as coach?

Last edited:
I wouldn’t be surprised if this does him in.
Eaker, a high profile gymnast, elite, World gold medalist and Olympic alternate saying she was subjected to abuse which caused her health to diminish to the point of retiring is a HUGE red flag.

Eaker could have gone to ANY university but chose Utah and they failed her.

Last edited:
If they don’t can him, i can’t imagine how recruiting would go. God knows, if i had a kid committed to Utah, they would be breaking that commitment pronto. Even if it meant they would be doing a year of community college. No way would i send a relative of mine into that mess.
Have they signed anyone this past week now that it’s NLI time? I can’t think of anyone

Last edited:
They’ve had a couple of 2025 commits: Bailey Stroud and Sage Curtis, but NLI signing day for the 2024s (Avery Neff, Clara Raposo, Zoe Johnson) hasn’t happened yet

Last edited:
Leaving her program and losing the last two years of a full scholarship is no joke, either. That’s got to be incredibly upsetting, among everything else.

Last edited:
Eaker, a high profile gymnast, elite, World gold medalist and Olympic alternate saying she was subjected to abuse which caused her health to diminish to the point of retiring is a HUGE red flag.

Eaker could have gone to ANY university but chose Utah and they failed her.
We are understating this folks. This is, if true, beyond an outrage. Possibly criminal.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back