Jordan Chiles' Commercial

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

06gymnast

I’ve just watched a commerical with Jordan Chiles. It’s for a company called bmc. Can someone explain how she can be doing gymnastics in a commercial and still be allowed to compete at college? Did she not get paid or is there a new rule with the NCAA? I thought you could get paid for you likeness but not for gymnastics. Can anyone clarify this for me please?

Last edited:
Exactly. She is being paid to be in an advertisement not for doing gymnastics. She is not competing or doing a showcase. Any gymnastics she does in the commercial is incidental. She is clearly solidly within the rules.

The new rules that came into force this year allows college athletes to make money as long as it’s not related to doing your sport - as JaJa wrote she is not being paid for doing gymnastics

I’m not familiar with that slang Doug but I think you must be asking about prison? Gina Chiles’ sentence was for a year, right? And the judge delayed her report date until after the Women’s competition.

Since there are only two things Gina is known for, a pyramid scheme resulting in prison and Jordan, I figured Doug was referring to prison.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back