Is the judging system corrupt?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

The draw is out for 2021 Worlds
10 subdivisions (which is odd) and a max of 4 athletes per rotation ( mixed groups)
S1 CHN
S2 NED, ITA, GBR
S3 CAN, USA
S5 JPN
S6 GER
S7 FRA ROU
S9 BRA
S 10 BEL RGF (Russia)

So USA gets 3rd out of 10.
Not so favorable, and overall the draw looks…I don’t know…random?

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 10.18.37 AM

I abhor the alternating in TF, though it works better if there’s a genuine battle for OGM.
Yes it definitely worked better in Tokyo than it did in Stuttgart for WAG. It worked very well for gold/silver but with the way things went you definitely needed multiple screens to keep track of the bronze competition. I expect that would have worked better in person.

One thing I did like about alternating is that the whole team got to celebrate a good routine together rather than the next gymnast having to mount the podium immediately to prepare.

I abhor the alternating in TF, though it works better if there’s a genuine battle for OGM. I love a team competition where the momentum builds with each hit routine, much like the U.S. vault rotation in 2012. Going back and forth between teams compromises that.
I like it.

Remember Beijing. It was so boring knowing that each girl up needed like a 13 to win.

I thought New Zealand withdrew
Yes New Zealand withdrew but it was after the draw had been conducted. Spain withdrew months ago.
Can’t remember what other teams decided not to attend. I thought Luxembourg did but they have an individual here rotating with Japan.

I don’t understand the mini subdivisions. What is the sense? They could just have UZB/NED on vault, CHN/ITA on UB, TUK/GBR on BB, ISR/HUN on FX in the first subdivision.

Reactions: MRR
Sac falling on her back as the first gymnast meant you would’ve known anyway.
Plus her beam fall.
I wonder had Sac hit beam how that would have shaken out going into the 3rd rotation, especially with USA up on floor. 3 hit routines on floor from US would have put pressure on China.
Still don’t understand putting up Sacramone on floor for finals with Sloan doing well in prelims even with the .3 OOB.
China still would have won with a Sacramone 15.9 on beam and a 15.1 from Sloan but it would have been down to tenths and with the pressure on China the team medal could have changed. Johnson and Liukin would have been in a better mindset knowing the gold was still possible.

I love Linoy…but it was very hmmm suspect. I think we were underscored a little

I think we were underscored a little
The result is still the correct placement. Ashram was the superior gymnast and she definitely ramped it up from qualifications whereas the twins were better in qualifications, though Dina’s ribbon finals routine was the highlight of the meet IMO.

I do think it was very close. There were mistakes on all sides.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back