Injuries, sickness and stuff…

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I would think given the timing and the situation in Japan, most of the people on the regular flights are going to be Olympic delegation members anyway?

Maybe not, and maybe this is fully on purpose - USOPC might not want the different sports to cross-pollinate each other and take out 20 medals because of flight-sharing.

Actually, Japan is under a State of Emergency until August 22. So . . . .no foreign tourists or business people allowed in. I guess a regular flight would be populated only by Japanese citizens and you have to show a negative covid test within 72 hours pre-boarding. But 72 hours is a long time and they accept the CLEIA test which has more false negatives than pcrs. USOC – charter planes!!! Protect the athletes.

She competed with a shattered toe and kidney stones, no doubt she will gut it out and compete to her full ability… Wise, maybe not, Simone like; heel yes!!
I think (hope!) this is just reported to release the outside pressure just a bit.

Simone talked about injuries in a Bleacher Report article about the toe and rib being 2016. And at some point a partial tear in a calf muscle. She said she’s always in pain.

Simone talked about injuries in a Bleacher Report article about the toe and rib being 2016. And at some point a partial tear in a calf muscle. She said she’s always in pain.
Dang!
Here I am thinking she was an injury free/rarely injured athlete.

Last edited:
If the Pearl of Doha has taught us anything, it’s that Simone has an amazing ability to fight through the pain when competing.

Gymcastic Twitter is saying USAG has confirmed a positive test, but a subsequent test was negative. No word on whether it was MAG, WAG, tramp, or RSG. However, one enterprising reply said it might have been Jordan, because she was missing from the practice session today. A very blurry pic was used as proof.

Last edited:
Well at least it came back negative. I bet they all shit their pants. It would have been lights out. No Simone. No team gold. It would have been 2017 worlds all over again.

In other news - Popa is looking FIRE on bars. She has a Nabs, Piked Ray to Pak, Toe 1/1 to Shap to Geinger! And a GLORIOUS DLO.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back