Gymnast Articles

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

My gaydar recently went off with Laurie tbh. Exciting for her, she seems so wonderful!!

Aliya interview !

my favorite part is
Q: Have you really never yelled in your life? I think it’s an achievement for the Guinness book.

A: I don’t recall. Perhaps, when I would fight with my sister a long time ago. I can’t recall. No, I can be strict. But no yelling. I even stay silent when I’m on a roller coaster. Even when I gave birth, it was silent.

Last edited:
my favorite

Q: Usually, people say in interviews: this didn’t work out, so I’m going to do this and that and make plans based on where they failed. Everything’s good with you. And your plans, turns out, are completely mundane. Is that so?

A: Yes.

Q: What about your personal life?

A: It’s personal which means I don’t talk about it. It exists and, as I said, I have nothing to complain about.

Kinda weird take from Will Graves. Though this does lend credence to my suspicions that Simone has been trying not to say “Tom is a joke no one respects” since 2018.

Well, that would make more sense than a sudden, “wait, the athletes need to be yelled at more.”

Yeah she said a few things during/after Worlds 2018 that heavily implied she felt there was a marked lack of leadership/discipline. And given how much she’s talked about how shit it was under Marta and how it was a “mindfuck” and it didn’t have to be that way, I doubt she was pining for that.

Given the reports/complaints from multiple gymnasts, those who made teams and otherwise, that Tom doesn’t communicate clearly or establish clear expectations, and shit like him asking the FIG whether Jade could compete at US TRIALS, the idea of him basically just leaving them to their own devices to do whatever is pretty believable.

So Lauries Wikipedia is updated to say she’s dating Charlotte. Is it officially confirmed? I just discovered TikTok and apparently she shared a video with Charlotte but they deleted it because it was causing them anxiety as it blew up. That seems to be the source on Wikipedia. As a proud gay woman myself, I hope Laurie is happy and just hope she’s okay with this whole process.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back