Gymcastic. Thoughts?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Yeah, to be fair they do most things right. They have good production and they don’t spend the first 20 minutes blabbing about their personal lives. I generally like the interviews. I wish Jess could rein herself in, she’s really just getting in her own way at this point.

I don’t know if I can listen.

Can I listen?

Will I want to stab myself?

“Shall we talk about tenths don’t matter” comes up at about 20 minutes. I just fast forwarded five minutes and they were in the middle of dragging him for the Gabby Douglas stuff (rightfully). Hasn’t been mentioned again.

Did anyone listen to this? What was their take (dare I ask)?

Did Jessica actually say Florida got “black to black floor tens” in the latest podcast? Or am I going deaf in my old gay years?

If she did someone needs to call her out on a blatant racist comment.

She loves putting out statements that are out of touch with reality.

I just started listening to some of their podcasts, the ones from the most recent world championships and I’m trying to give them a couple of episodes before giving up but some of their factual mistakes are really bothering me

Jessica’s take on the Russian doping scandal lacks all nuance. Her comparison to the CAS decisions between Raducan and Valieva are so simplified and hysterical.

If you don’t get on with them then I recommend going back to the early episodes and listening to the interviews that used to make up half the podcast. They include some big names, interesting questions and I remember them being well worth the time. They also let the interviewees just speak freely. As a non-NCAA person I am looking forward to that being over and the podcast moving back to elite.

Last edited:
She was referring to the CAS decision on Valieva as if it was equivalent to the final determination on whether Raducan could have her OGM re-instated.

I’m paraphrasing, but "Raducan got her medal taken away for doping but Valieva didn’t etc. etc.

The CAS decision on Valieva was simply whether or not she should be allowed to participate. It was explicitly not a decision on whether she was eligible to win a medal if she placed in the top 3. Raducan got to compete in AA and EF following a positive test, too.

I thought that back in 2000 that they tested before/after each event…so she was able to compete at the AA bc she tested negative before. Then the dr gave her cold meds before competing and so the test after competing she was positive for the drug. Had she have tested positive before the competition they’d have likely banned her from that competition. I honestly do not recall if she competed at EFs, but if she did, then She would’ve tested negative for the substance before and after the event finals, allowing her to compete there. I think the difference between the 2 so far is that they most likely (as that was their protocol then) NOT allowed Raducan to compete the AA or any other event had she had a positive cold med test before competing…and the cold med was not a training benefit. Kamila tested positive for a drug that had significant training advantages (cardio, stamina) and that would’ve given her a big edge in preparing. And she was allowed to compete anyway. Whether they’d have allowed her to keep the medal, idk

Raducan competed in vault and floor event finals. They didn’t know about her medal possibly being stripped until the day of beam/floor finals, which was four days after the all-around.

Yes i think it was clear that she knew during fx finals, wasn’t it? At least that’s what i remember

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back