Gymcastic. Thoughts?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Andreea said in her book they knew and she knew before floor final. They had planned to sub out Presacan for Andreea in beam finals but then with positive test, they didn’t.

I pulled her book out. I didn’t remember this ever being said. “….the members of the International Federation decided that I was allowed to compete in the floor final because the forbidden substance, Pseudoephedrine, was not on their list.” Page 115.

Maybe that’s what she was told? I just found that part interesting.

Yes, it wasn’t on the FIG list, meaning at a world championship it wouldn’t have been an issue

I just meant I didn’t know the FIG had the authority to clear her to compete since it was the Olympics. Such a messed up Olympics that was.

I believe since it as under investigation she was allowed to compete, IOC did not announce her testing positive until days after gymnastics had concluded.

Amanar and Olaru also tested positive for the same drug, but they had it in lower amounts than Raducan due to the difference in body size. They all took the same pill, but the amount appeared more in Raducan because she was smaller.

Don’t forget Raducan had competed in VT finals, passed her drug test for that, and got to keep her medal for that event.

Perhaps they didn’t put her on beam instead of Presecan because technically she was the 4th Romanian on beam as she was tied with Boboc for 10th but won the tie break IIRC, so Presecan and Boboc would both have to be pulled to put Raducan in.
Or they had planned to and pulled her out due to her not being able to concentrate. They kept her in floor because she was not eligible to be subbed in for as had she pulled out, she would have been replaced with Allana Slater not a teammate.

Jessica said Shilese Jones was controversially left off the Tokyo team after placing 4th AA at Olympic Trials.

She just throws her opinions out there and says whatever to support it then excuses herself as speaking from the emotional point of view.

Why Me Crying GIF by Team Coco

I am sure that she will twist it so Shilese Jones being denied an Olympic Team spot after finishing 4th is racially motivated and Forster is a racist for not picking her.

The outrageous thing is a year ago Gymcastic was upset because they felt that Skinner (5th) should have been on the team instead of McCollum (4th). I believe this was started by Spencer because the numbers told him that Skinner’s vault added more to the team total than we would lose by using her on other events. At any rate Jessica should have remembered the previous “great outrage” and known better.

And again, I wish Gymcastic were better because there is a hole in my life that can only be filled by a smart and sassy gymnastics podcast.

Last edited:
The front page of their website literally says “We know our stuff!”

Luckily Spencer was on hand to correct her quickly. But it’s just beyond a joke at this point that she gets paid as a gymnastics expert.

Reactions: Dex
It would have been fine all things considered. Skinner’s AA total from qualifications was on par with Grace’s. Optically there was no recovering that night.

When a 4-person team became a 3-person team with 3-up 3-count, Jade probably would have been the better bet than Skinner. Her UB sucked ass (though she was less than half a point behind Skinner), but she would have put in a huge vault score and her beam outscored Skinner’s in prelims. There’s also the unknown if Skinner would have come in clutch or faltered under the extreme circumstances. She’s only been on one major international team where she competed just VT/FX. And never having to jump in last minute to perform on UB/BB.

As it was McCallum was the right choice and she showed precisely why she was put on the team. There’s always a place for the workhorse who may not have a standout event, but is a solid AAer to set up her teammates.

Jade had a 14.1 on bars in prelims… so she wasn’t behind Skinner there

I will say that Skinner was one of the most clutch gymnasts I think I’ve ever seen. Somehow she always hit at her big meets, so if she was forced into that situation I think it likely she would have done her best.

I do still think McCallum was the right choice given the need for AA backup.

Last edited:
Somehow she always hit at her big meets, so if she was forced into that situation I think it likely she would have done her best.
I don’t think anyone doubts that she would have done her best.

But 7.133 execution score for a perfectly hit beam set is not ideal.
Nor is 7.866 on bars for that matter.

What got Skinner through was always stacking her D score at the expense of E score.
These are also Skinner’s maximum scores shown in qualifications. As we saw from the rest of the team, especially Chiles and McCallum, the potential to score much higher was there.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back