FEEDBACK PLEASE: Does the forum software matter to you?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Yes, exactly what Denn said. Thank you, Justin, for putting in all that work for us. I really appreciate it.

Try clearing the cache in Firefox and see if it detects your phone correctly…

It has a sleek look, but I’m more used to myBB and similar software to that. I’m just about out the door, so I’ll need to ome back later and quantify what I’m saying, but navigation has been a bit tricky at times for me. Other people’s mileages obviously vary (OPMOV?).

I’ve gotten used to the software and wouldn’t want a drastic change. Small or gradual changes can be good for the health of the board. If we had to move again I’d get used to it.

Yes… I think that is a good idea.

You can also look under your preferences and set your settings here…

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 4.06.50 PM

Ok… the default size is now “largest” for everyone. That means that people who would like it smaller now have to manually set it in their preferences.

Liking the numbers of unread/new appearing at the left. If that’s not new, I just plain never noticed it. Makes navigation lots easier!

I like Discourse overall. Its UX is pretty good but it’s resource intensive. My Gymnaverse tabs use a lot of memory even by Chrome’s standards. It’s a little slow on mobile for me but it could be because of ads. Mobile would benefit from having fewer features for performance’s sake.

Since Discourse is open-source, I want to find out how to add a Carly Patterson reaction. I think we’d all appreciate it.

I like Discourse overall. Its UX is pretty good but it’s resource intensive. My Gymnaverse tabs use a lot of memory even by Chrome’s standards. It’s a little slow on mobile for me but it could be because of ads. Mobile would benefit from having fewer features for performance’s sake.

Since Discourse is open-source, I want to find out how to add a Carly Patterson reaction. I think we’d all appreciate it.
Has the site seemed any slower during World’s… we have had more traffic.

Here is the plugin we use for reactions…

So I would like to add in a green thumbs up — replacing the 100%, which is not used a lot, and, if replaced with a thumbs up, would be okay.

The fact that the minimum positive is “love” is too much. LOL.

I agree with denn though i figure most will interpret my 100% response as “yep, this”. Also, on a personal note, when i hit “reply” to another member’s post (usint the reply arrow on their post), it sometimes shows their icon in the corner but it usually does not. So people can’t tell who i am replying to. Do i have a setting wrong somewhere?

(This was sepposed to be a direct reply to denn’s post #35, and yet it looks like i just replied to the thread as a whole.)

Last edited:
If you reply to the most recent comment, it appears as a general thread comment. If you reply to an earlier comment, it appears as a reply to that comment.

So I would like to add in a green thumbs up — replacing the 100%, which is not used a lot, and, if replaced with a thumbs up, would be okay.

The fact that the minimum positive is “love” is too much. LOL.
I agree with this… I will look into this. I don’t think we are able to remove the “heart” as it is the default with the forum software. I think we could have a “like” and a “love”… or a “like” and a “love” and a “100% agree”?

I’ll work on the thumbs up and see what I can do.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back