Fall 2024 rewatch party thread!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Sasha

Defender
Reaction score
So it's officially fall, after the Olympics, which means that very little is happening gymnastically beyond the GOAT tour (yeah) and I guess Dancing with the Stars, if you count that. A real dearth of gymnastics content, in any case. So who's up for rewatching some old competitions?

People have suggested rewatching Barcelona over on the GOAT tour thread; personally it's not my jam but I'll join in if that's the preference. Otherwise, I'd suggest the 1998 Goodwill Games - it was the first major comp for the seniors who got caught up in the new age rules post-1996. I haven't rewatched it at least since I got rid of/lost my VHS collection, so I'm due.

Otherwise, I'd be keen on 2015 Worlds (never watched them) or basically any Euros that were particularly good.

Ideas?

So it's officially fall, after the Olympics, which means that very little is happening gymnastically beyond the GOAT tour (yeah) and I guess Dancing with the Stars, if you count that. A real dearth of gymnastics content, in any case. So who's up for rewatching some old competitions?

People have suggested rewatching Barcelona over on the GOAT tour thread; personally it's not my jam but I'll join in if that's the preference. Otherwise, I'd suggest the 1998 Goodwill Games - it was the first major comp for the seniors who got caught up in the new age rules post-1996. I haven't rewatched it at least since I got rid of/lost my VHS collection, so I'm due.

Otherwise, I'd be keen on 2015 Worlds (never watched them) or basically any Euros that were particularly good.

Ideas?
1998 goodwill games is a good one. But there is a LOT to unpack there with the whole Sang Lan injury, John Holman’s video etc

1998 goodwill games is a good one. But there is a LOT to unpack there with the whole Sang Lan injury, John Holman’s video etc
Oh god, I forgot her injury was at that competition!!

I’m more up for 98 GWG as it’s a comp that isn’t discussed as much. However I’m biased because Moceanu got me into the sport 😉

Will watch either and anything 🤸

ETA
Agree that Euros in their heyday (when they were once every two years and Romania were good) are a decent shout. 2000 Euros were particularly exciting. Not sure I’ve ever seen 92 Euros.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back