EF day 2 euros

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Yes, it is an interesting question. But, I should add that I did not get the “Should” vibe. It seems more like “What was the OVERALL artistic impression here?” And if there was not enough time to do anything, then the judge does not have room for such an “overall” impression.

For floor, if you look at the subsection “Artistry of Performance” under chapter 13.5 the three main rules there all say “througout” “entire”…

In the other places, there are place where an idiot judge of the rype who is a stickler for the EXACT RULES. For example, should Heduit have been deducted for “Missing movement touching the floor” … well, technically, but if you take it, geez, what a c*, to be honest.

So, I’d look at it more along the lines of “did you enjoy this movie?” And well, I can’t really say if I’ve only seen the first 10 minutes. Rather than that the director should have made an impression on me, even if I’ve only seen 10 minutes.

This has a meme written all over it!

Attachments

• FF9CBC4F-D2C1-4CB1-AE07-D7B0C99DD638.jpg
    FF9CBC4F-D2C1-4CB1-AE07-D7B0C99DD638.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 4
Oh, one more thing, and I should look for the German leotard thread, but meh, who’s got time for that, right?

I asked one of the Euros judges what she thought of the unitards and she said they were great, she liked them a lot. She didn’t hear of anyone complaining about them at all, to the contrary, the overall impression when the subject came up was tha they were pretty and enhanced the leg lines.

When I asked if the black legs were a problem she said, no, not at all, there were no visibility problems because of that at all.

So, it was just TV that made the black legs hard to see; the judges did not even notice that from their point of view.

Well that’s good.

I’ll admit, I found it hard to see them against the jet black background. So did Christine on the BBC broadcast (she thought Seitz repeated a double tuck when she did a double pike).

And on Gymcastic podcast, apparently Steve Butcher said he will be suggesting his girls wear them to minimise leg form deductions. Dark colours aren’t allowed in MAG for this very reason.

I can’t see why anyone would be against transferring the MAG “dark colour” rule over into WAG.

Yeah, we’ll see. I think one differnce in the “dark rule” might be that the men’s stirrups are looser fitting, so that could be a factor. The skin tight unitards might not have the same problem even when a dark colour.

I’d like to see my girls try unitards though. The Ukrainian RG athletes alwys look really classy imo.

In my completely ignorant opinion her balance check was less than both of those .3 deductions, so I hope so.

Last edited:
You’d think?!

I mistakenly gave her 0.5 for “grab the beam” when we were judging live. But it seems like the rule book is thrown out of the window for Wolf Turns…

I do think 0.5 for that would’ve been ridiculous. It was more akin to putting a foot down too early in a spin than a grab to stay on.

Blythe commenting said it would be 1.0 off! I was like “no fucking way bitch it’s 0.5” but should have been 0.3 based on these help desk videos.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back