Changes you’d like to see in the 2025-2028 Code

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I think Pod at F and Randi at E is fine if double double and full-twisting double layout come down to G.

I would like to see bonus or something to encourage more front tumbling. Podkopayeva is the only gymnast I can think of who did bounders. There was a gymnast (I want to say Kupets) who did a whip-half into a double front.

And better combo tumbling bonuses. Something to encourage more than just RO-BHS entry tumbling.

I think the problem with the front tumbling is unless it is a double front, any single flipping twisting element is ripe for multiple deductions.

The double layout should also be an E.

If there wasn’t so much incentive to do double layouts, double doubles, and full-twisting double layouts, we would see more of other things. And we used to see more Randis back when the code did that.

I feel like a Randi and a Silivas are so different that the rating of one doesn’t have a bearing on the popularity of the other.

I didn’t say it was only the “Silivas”. I said all 3. And it is true that there were more Randis back before those 3 elements were all raised in value.

I’d love a reboot of the table of elements that actually considers difficulty in light of today’s execution standards.

Other than Nastia, Sierra Sapunar and Kaitlin White… who else competed a randi?
ETA: Cojocar did it… isn’t it named after her?

Last edited:
Other than Nastia, Sierra Sapunar and Kaitlin White… who else competed a randi?
ETA: Cojocar did it… isn’t it named after her?
Yes, the Randi is named after Cojocar, although for a few years it was incorrectly attributed to Stroescu in the COP. Allana Slater, Jana Bieger, and Bridget Sloan also performed the Randi.

Can you think of another E skill that is so rare we can barely remember who ever even did it?

It’s clearly and obviously an F skill.

Last edited:
Andrea Maldonado, for whom the triple twisting front is named, did a Randi

There was that time Chiles did this. Look at the style!!! .3 artistry bonus!

I can’t find footage from the meet where it was named after her. But here it is

I can’t say for certain. To my knowledge, no available footage of it exists. The event finals of this competition were televised, the star gymnasts being Anna Pavlova and Alina Kozich but Sidorova only competed it in the qualification. OEG attended and video’d the meet but never made any of the footage publicly available

However, in the context of the dubious backward triple twists given credit during 01-04, it would have been accepted

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back