Brody Malone (2023 injury updates)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back to Brody’s recovery… I agree that it may be Moldauer who doesn’t get to go to Paris, which I dislike. Sigh…
Hasn’t Moldauer pretty well topped out skill-wise? A few years ago he was the new hotness who was going to be medaling on everything but then…not so much hype anymore. He is great and generally solid, but no one is talking about him being a world medal threat any more. I’m also not on the Brody train as it is a long haul to get back to his previous level and I would think he would have to be more than just amazing on HB to get on the team (though the team definitely needs some HB assistance).

I admit to being partial to Yul; he’s a terrific human being and an excellent, inspiring leader. I also see WAY too much of Sam Mikulik in Asher: oodles of potential, but chokes when you need him most. Prove me wrong, Asher! I hope you do! But because of all that, I would keep Yul and put Asher aside, probably as an alternate. Alas, probably the same with Juda.
Of course, it would be completely reasonable to go back to 7-6-5, but since FIG hates gymnastics, I know we won’t see THAT happen.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back