British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Yeah those are actually really great beam scores for juniors. They definitely have potential based on these numbers imo!!

Mmm, I think the game plan for the next quad definitely involves those two doing 7-8 TF routines every time and filling in the gaps around them!

Have the Gadirova girls accepted commercial sponsorships etc? I assume they have? I don’t hear any talk of NCAA.

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen them promoting products on their IG. Dunno if that’s allowed with NCAA.

They said in summer they weren’t looking to do NCAA as they wanted to focus on elite international opportunities. I guess in theory they could wait until after Paris, they’ll only turn 20 in the 2024-25 academic year so it wouldn’t be a long deferral, but I don’t know if NCAA would clear them so soon now? Realistically it’s always going to be a tough choice for the top Brits because the distance would make it so hard to combine the two.

With the current shitshow state of our elite program, the Gadirovas doing NCAA routines (DLO, big YFulls, nice series on beam etc) would probably be up there with our elite program anyway.

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen them promoting products on their IG. Dunno if that’s allowed with NCAA.
With the current new regulations in place with NIL (Name, Image, License) they are allowed to promote products.
They just cannot be paid for DOING gymnastics, unless it is prize money earned at a competition.

They said in summer they weren’t looking to do NCAA as they wanted to focus on elite international opportunities. I guess in theory they could wait until after Paris, they’ll only turn 20 in the 2024-25 academic year so it wouldn’t be a long deferral, but I don’t know if NCAA would clear them so soon now? Realistically it’s always going to be a tough choice for the top Brits because the distance would make it so hard to combine the two.
And who knows…there have been multiple GB gymnasts that have gone NCAA route and some have not at all.
The Downies did not, Cairns, Whelan, Tunney, Simm
But many have: Francis, King, Pinches, Morgan, Jakubczyk, Harrold (who also deferred), Stanhope, Wing
There are also more that I am missing.

As a general rule, the ones who are in contention for medals beyond maybe Euros teams don’t. Medals at elite international level have always been the bigger draw, and nobody who’s been in that position has been willing to give it up to do NCAA. But it may be that the new rules on earnings have an impact.

Would that sideways jump count under the new rules? Like you have to hit the position before initiating the turn/rotation, right? (did they get rid of that since it seems like it is impossible?)
It would be considered to be a split jump in cross position. For a dance element with a 1/2 turn to receive credit, the turn can either be completed before or after hitting the position.

Reactions: Bob
So it has to be turn-shape-land, or shape-turn-land.

It can’t be 1/4turn-shape-1/4turn-land.

Reactions: Bob
I think that Ondine would claim she’s doing the split followed by the turn though.

I mean, her whole body is almost facing us at the apex of the jump.

Last edited:
I don’t think that jump will count and hopefully she won’t use it next year.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back