British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

The gymnasts get told today as per the revised procedures, so an instagram post 18 hours ago might not mean much. We should definitely keep all eyes open though.

Per the rules they are not allowed to make any announcements. If they are wise they will keep quiet, as anything they do say- about anything- is open to twisting and wild assumptions.

Yeah they certainly should stay stum. However I’m sure that was in the rules for previous quads and the teams still leaked right? The men managed to stay quiet.

Last edited:
The rules say “Selected Team Members agree not to make any announcement”
I wonder if those not selected are also bound not to say anything?

Good question. Even non-announcements are dangerous. Something like Becky posting her higher difficulty routine again would be seized upon by us.

No way. Derwael should take gold. She has been the quiet horse all quad and many years before this last quad.

It was, and I remember leaks in 2012 and 2016. Not sure if anyone’s signed different contracts this time or what’s gone on backstage though.

Additionally, I think what’s missing now is someone who’s in a position to leak, ie the right combination of disappointed and nothing to lose. In 2012 it was Danusia’s mother iirc. She clearly wasn’t going to win any appeals, and was off to UCLA, so it was a bit of a what are you going to do situation. This year, there is a worlds shortly afterwards that probably most of the disappointed athletes will hope to make and none of the contenders are about to do NCAA that I know of (Phoebe is not in the running). Even if Becky is going to retire soon, which I don’t believe she’s confirmed, if the team is announced without her in it she’s probably going to want to appeal and to go to worlds, ie will have a substantial incentive to keep schtum.

It is a heart and Union Jack.
Am I missing something to make it cryptic?

Lol Rich Cmon! You compete for your country at the Olympics!

Right. But what does it mean?
Is she on the team or is she not on the team?

Derwael hasn’t been quiet, she’s been a superstar!

No disrespect to her, but bars is really the only event where the title is a race. Simone will walk AA/VT/FX, beam will go to whoever doesn’t flub twice, but bars should actually be exciting… if everyone actually goes.

Maybe she didn’t make the team, but is putting on a brave face by fully supporting the team, no matter how heartbroken and bitter she may feel.

Or, she is signaling she made the team.

We don’t know. That’s what makes it CRYPTIC 🤷

I reckon Ellie’s withdrawal should take some heat off of Alice come selection. Right, wrong, driven by media or four-year fans, whatever, but there you have it.

I feel for Amelie after Euros, and early selection does suck, but the time for a DTY to change the game and pip Alice passed two weeks ago IMO, and possibly longer.

Last edited:
Maybe they’ve said no Olympics, but you’re the first name on the teamsheet for worlds. It would fit that too!

I don’t know rich it’s not been announced yet!!!

I see it as hinting she’s made the British team.

Maybe it is
Jessica Gad, Morgan, Kinsella, and Becky.

Perhaps Jennifer is not able to do FX with her injury.

If Becky is on the team, the other three have to be able to do VT and FX because Becky won’t be doing them unless it is an emergency situation. So carrying an potentially injured athlete and Becky is not the best strategy.

She might be injured, but she can’t be that injured. She did this last week:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back