British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

So given the timeline from previously, we can expect the WAG team announcement to be in around 2 weeks?

Also, in the interest of fairness, BG should release her scores.

Last edited:
Her routines have been released but I can’t seem to link to the videos on twitter, which is frustrating. Off to see if I can find the source!

https://twitter.com/RingLeaps posted them- scroll down and you should see them!

Last edited:
There is no way they can logically leave her off.
She’s pretty much the only chance at an individual medal, for one thing.
For another she boosts the team score so much that it would be foolish to leave her home.

I wonder if there’ll be wider media coverage of the routines. Could see the Mail putting together a little something based on Becky’s Instagram post and various supportive responses.

Bar Routine (black Leo) - 8.4E and (D)E1D2DE2FD2ED = 6.4 = 14.8

Bar Routine (blue Leo) - 7.7E and 6.4D = 14.1 - would have ben a 15 with a 1 tenth step. Not sure what happened with the mat there.

Beam Routine (blue Leo) - I had 1.0 off in deductions before the video cut.

Last edited:
The Tokyo selection policy looks like it was updated on the 14th May. (Of interest- there’s a section for selection committee members who have a conflict of interest which I don’t remember seeing there before)- but it does say that the decision will be made by the 26th- appeals close on the 28th.
I wonder if they’ll just postpone the MAG announcement for a week and then announce everyone next Monday?

https://www.british-gymnastics.org/technical-information/selection/womens-artistic

Last edited:
The bit about declaring conflicts was there but I don’t remember if 8.3 (potential replacements) was included.

I fear they have picked Amelie over Becky.

I actually love Amelie. And I would pick her over Alice (instead of Becky).

Last edited:
They really should pick Becky. I hear that their funding is based on OG medals and she has a chance for medal. And it would make a more interesting Uneven Bars final.

Totally agree, Amelie has difficulty to add and is better in competition. However it all depends on floor and vault . We need a strong floor and vault and Amelie was still watered down on floor and vault at Euros. However her aa score still beat Alice at Euros. Nothing against Alice I like her very much but its about who can boost the score on the needed pieces. And how fit Jen is. I feel it is going to be Jess and Becky. Then two from Jen, Amelie and Alice.

Alice as things stand is the better AAer. She did have a disappointing Euros, and they should be paying more attention to international competitive results than secret domestic trials unless there’s a particularly good reason not to, but that all stemmed from one beam fall. The GB Euros would’ve looked very different had Alice stayed on in prelims. True that Amelie has more difficulty to bring back, and the DTY could be a real game changer, but of course this is the problem with selecting so early.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back