British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Wow 86.2 for James. That’s fantastic! Would have beaten Belyavsky for silver at Euros.

Last edited:
From the selection policy:

“ The nominations for all available quota places will be made through discussion of the eligible gymnasts, reviewing the performance factors (section 7), and the ability to deliver the performance targets for Team GB (section 3).

Whereby proposed nominations can’t be agreed through reaching a consensus, each decision maker will have 1 vote per available quota place. Panel members must cast a vote for the nomination to proceed.”

The ONLY performance target in Section 3 for WAG is “one medal”. Therefore - EF medal potential should be considered on par with TF medal potential.

Accordingly - if you’re picking athlete #4, surely the calculation is “which athlete will be more likely to win GBR a medal?”. Surely this puts Ellie way above Amelie? Let’s be clear - bringing Amelie is less likely to win a TF medal than bringing Ellie for a VT medal.

Right?

The “deadlock” provisions essentially mean two out of the three selectors must agree to each of the 4 spots.

Yes it was bordering on Motak-esque! Great to see her again though. I’m curious to know if she did the DTY on Friday.

Ondine’s beam form is just lovely. Her FWO 😍

I’m not sure of the source of this, but Fridays trials scores:
GMF making things quite interesting…

Is it just me or are the quality of these videos SHOCKING? Alice’s floor … is literally like it was filmed on a 2009 Samsung flip phone. Is anyone else having this issue?

But if your look at that score sheet, if Alice Kinsella had vaulted…

Well, honestly, there isn’t much space between GMF’s scores, Alice’s scores, and Amelie’s scores…other than vault. Everyone looks to be very much at the same level on UB/BB/FX. So toss a dart and pick the team if they insist on doing it this early.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back