Per IG, Senior AA result
1 52.600 - Ruby Evans
2 50.900 - Abigail Roper
3 50.250 - Abigail Martin
4 50.200 - Emily Roper
5 50.000 - Tiegan Trafford
6 49.800 - Charlotte Booth
7 49.350 - Mercedes Moore

OOPS! That is my error. I misread it as she was still attempting to represent US.

OOPS! That is my error. I misread it as she was still attempting to represent US.
No I think she meant that she’ll still be based in the US and training with Kelly. I guess she said that because in British competitions, she has to be affiliated to a British club so she’s listed as Park Wrekin and Brett will be on the floor with her. So people might assume she’d actually relocated

Ondine’s UB from finals.

I was curious to see if there would be any detectable bars improvement at this comp. There was a little bit with her quals score but it’s hard to know when you don’t see the routine. This is very encouraging for the team and her AA score. Some mistakes here so a potential 14 after five more months of tightening up.

Reactions: Bob
I'm glad she added the full-in. It's an easy +0.4 to her score.

I assume that Ricna half isn't creditable?

I'm glad she added the full-in. It's an easy +0.4 to her score.

I assume that Ricna half isn't creditable?
Well, it is when she's got the endurance for it. Hasn't historically been reliable, but hopefully this year is different.

Last edited:
Looks like Ondine fell in the Cairo beam final just now. So a mixed bag for the women really. I think the bigger story for GB from this competition is that Joe Fraser is well on the way to being back.

She didn’t fall, just wobbly and looks like a few missed connections.

I feel like they've been working on her leg form in that Front Aerial. Looks much better than I remember.

Difficult to see the ring shape in her new jump element - but I can't imagine it's worth doing, score-wise... Good to get it in the Code though!

leaps are much harder on her ankles, which are held together with string at this point. Also explains why all the dance in on the floor.
Interesting. Would that be the same for jumps?

Surely doing a switch leap on beam hurts your ankles way more than a switch leap or a switch side on floor.

Interesting. Would that be the same for jumps?

Surely doing a switch leap on beam hurts your ankles way more than a switch leap or a switch side on floor.
yes but you don't have the same intensity of tumbles to content with on beam.

Just noticed as well as the Welsh Championships Scottish Championships were also this weekend.

Shannon Archer won the women's competition with a 50.317. Looks like she only did a FTY and no second vault. Cameron Lynn won MAG by a margin of nearly nine points with 80.050.

Wasn’t too sure where to post this, but ITV1 are showing a programme called ‘Gymnastics: A Culture of Abuse?’ tonight at 21.00.

“This powerful film chronicles the fight for justice by former gymnasts who say that they were physically, emotionally or sexually abused by their coaches in the UK.”

Last edited:
Well that was a rougher than expected watch. 75% of it was focused on a former coach at my gym. It was always going to be rage-inducing, but seeing my gym and the cycle path I use every day hit hard. I’ll never cease to be amazed at how humans can be so wonderful and so awful.

There is an article summarise the documentary Here (paywalled).

heads should roll at BG merely for allowing adult coaches to share rooms with young gymnasts. Such a glaringly obvious failure to apply any basic safeguarding measures.

There is an article summarise the documentary Here (paywalled).

heads should roll at BG merely for allowing adult coaches to share rooms with young gymnasts. Such a glaringly obvious failure to apply any basic safeguarding measures.
BG has not allowed it since 2006, when it was explicitly prohibited. Under 18s were not allowed to share rooms with over 18s. But it certainly was not common practice for adult male coaches to share rooms with teenage female gymnasts.

I remember it clearly, I was 16 at the time, training and coaching in Surrey. It was not a popular rule, and was met with a lot of sighing and eye rolling. It was fine for me to share a room with the 8 year olds I coached, but not with the 18 year olds I trained with.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back