British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

tbh I haven’t watched her bars since Worlds and I don’t remember them being glaringly worse than Jess’, but I’ve also heard Jess has since improved so idk. I thought it would be nice to give Gadirova a break in TF but if she’d score 0.4+ higher then go for her

I’m thinking not

vlcsnap-2023-08-09-20h30m04s705

I’m withholding judgement until we see this new composition but yeah, Ondine bars in TF doesn’t exactly have positive associations.

Ruby’s Amanar is an interesting development. It is slightly short, although D panels can never be trusted to care, but it does also look like it might be pretty legit pretty soon.

My apparatus rankings

Vault (without upgrades): Ondine, Jessica, Ruby E, Alice, GMF, Jen, Becky

Bars: Becky, Alice, GMF, Jessica, Ondine, Jen, Ruby E

Beam: Ondine, Jessica, Alice, Jennifer, GMF, Ruby E, Becky

Floor: Jessica, Alice, Jennifer, Ruby E, Ondine, GMF, Becky

It’s between GMF, Jennifer and Ruby and how they can fit in a team final situation

It’s a very strong team! Since Jessica has improved so much on bars, GMF may have to work harder to build her bars difficulty. Ruby’s Amanar is a legit gain for the team, but obviously depends on whether she can overcome the mental block to compete this new vault.

My prediction

VT: (Alice), Jess, Ondine, Ruby
UB: (Ondine), Jess, Alice, Becky
BB: (Becky) Alice, Jess, Ondine
FX: (Ruby) Ondine, Alice, Jess

Ruby’s Amanar is a legit gain for the team, but obviously depends on whether she can overcome the mental block to compete this new vault.
Where does she (or anyone else) state that she has a mental block about this vault?

Last edited:
I’d use Ruby in the team final for floor over Ondine but other than that I agree

Last edited:
She didn’t say that, but it’s a mental challenge to compete a new and difficult vault. Training is different from competing, but I hope she will successfully compete it this year. She can definitely join the worlds team with a competition-ready Amanar.

I do wonder if they’ll won’t want Jessica doing AA I the team final, although it will benefit them the most her possible upgrades could have her contending for bronze AA again

It is a huge difference between a mental challenge and a mental block. Since she has only revealed the training footage of the vault and we have not seen her nominate the vault in competition and then NOT attempt it, it is really quite not correct to say she has a mental block. Having both trained and competed a difficult vault (in my day). I can say for sure, that there were days when I was apprehensive in training (like trying it to a hard pit landing v. pit, or on a hard surface v. hard pit), but when I went to an event, I never had a doubt that I would attempt it - making it when it counted was a different story!

Kelly simm training a full-in on BB. I thought she had retired years ago.
She competed at the Commonwealth Games last year. She did vault and bars but IIRC she fell on both and didn’t make any finals.
She also did the Varna World Challenger Cup in 2022 and made beam and floor finals where she was 6th and 5th respectively.

Apparently MAG world trials is happening today. I doubt we’ll get any scores, but someone may post on their socials I guess.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back