British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

It’s a shame if that’s only a 1 tenth deduction on the hop, given that something as subtle as a vertical hop in place or a single foot shuffle to stabilize would also require an identical deduction. For an event like vault where landings are such a huge proportion of the overall impression, it would be a shame if the judges weren’t allowed to differentiate the gymnasts more on that basis.

I’m not sure either Simm or Fragapane will make any team again, bar a 2018 style injury disaster to almost all the A team again. Which is actually entirely possible.

I think they’d give the opportunity to the younger seniors, who have similar scoring potential but would benefit far more from the experience

Yeah - I’m not sure about Frags’ squad inclusion - she hasn’t competed since TF CWG 2022. Although she did seem to be on the edges in 2021 being selected for both Euros (withdrew concussion) and Worlds (withdrew foot injury) and won a Challenge cup fx gold at Koper (in a very weak field)

Yes she did. But that’s not to say she couldn’t have done her A levels more recently

yeah, her feet definitely hop more than shoulder’s width, but her torso positioning disguises it well in real time

Im pretty sure it’s to do with SEniors being funded for a cycle so they are both funded until Paris but I still don’t like it!

Not sure about Shannon Archer. I thought she was injured too.

It seemed pretty clear at CWG that Frags floor routine was her goodbye routine.

It seemed that way - yet I thought the same thing about Kelly Simm as well and they are both hanging on there …

New season if gym stars on iPlayer. Looks like a lot of BTS from CWG and worlds, but I’ve only watched a bit of episode 1 so far

It focusses on the British Championships but uses footage from both 22 and 23 but makes it look like its all from this year… very poor journalism.
Big focus on Amelie and Phoebe in America. Lovely to see them but get the feeling they are being overused to fill up time as they haven’t got enough British stuff.
Still including Alice Summers who retired 18 months ago and is well in the past.
Still including that hideously annoying little boy.

It doesn’t feel at all current or relevant. If they continue it they need to use some different clubs and gymnasts.

Ihaven’t watched right to the end it was torturous. As a gym fan I feel I should watch it. But I would be relieved not to have to watch any more lol.

They had a montage of all the gymnasts, wishing the best for the future etc then ended with this

That looks pretty final.
The first 3 series were really good. They were following gymnasts who were genuinely amongst the very best in Britain. The acro club was a big loss and then the focus seemed to switch to being more inclusive and including lower level gymnasts

Reactions: Bob

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back