British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Yes I think so, the only people I can see being it on it it’s ruby Evans (vault and floor) or Jennifer (floor and hopefully beam) if she’s get get some difficulty back, over GMF. I see Georgias place being harder to keep if Jess and Ondine sort their bar routines out. Also would allow for Ondine to do AA in quals

I’d say Alice, Jessica and Ondine are locked in, if they stay healthy.
As for the rest, it depends on Jennifer, and I think GMF is most vulnerable to being dropped in that situation. Becky’s bars still too much value in this group to be ignored.

If Jennifer is health (actually doing floor routines) I can see BG being BG and taking her over GMF. I think they need her in the TF, but I’m also curious as to how consistent Jessica would stay without her (especially as it’s their birthday during worlds)

I think Jennifer is a rebuttable presumption if she’s healthy. And I know you said absent injuries, but I have my doubts that the process will be conducive to Becky staying that way. It benefitted her that Euros were so early in the year and she hadn’t been peaking for worlds in 2022.

Jennifer would have to have her 2021-esque condition on beam to really make her stand out, I think. At the moment, a solid beam and floor from her would just be a secure backup. Jessica, Alice, and Ondine should be just fine on beam and floor. But then I guess the question is if you want Jessica and Alice doing AA in team finals. Becky COULD do beam, but she’s also a nightmare to watch on the event (emotionally). At the moment, for TF it’s looking like Alice & Jessica AA, Ondine VT BB FX and Becky and GMF on UB, which would basically mean GMF does AA and Ondine does not in QF.

Possible lineups without anyone AA, although they probably at least having Alice competing it. I think Jennifer or Ruby will be better for their floor as i don’t see the score holding up. If GMF isnt on the team then it’s between Ondine or Jess for bars and beam will depend on Becky and the 5th persons potential

Last edited:
They’d most likely would as she’s done it every competition, I was just trying to create a scenario where no one would be AA in the TF.

I missed this earlier. she’s off-line, so they would have hit her for that in one of a couple ways.

I feel like her spot on the team is pretty secure at the moment and the last spot is between GMF, Jen and Ruby E. If GMF was scoring 14+ constantly on bars (and had made the euros bar final) then I’d have her on the team. Although she hasn’t competed this year internationally, you could argue that Jen could help GB meet their performance targets:

3 gymnasts making apparatus finals (very lenient ideas)
Possible finals:
  • Jess: Floor, Vault (if she’s still competing 2), beam
  • Ondine: beam
  • Alice: beam, floor (??)
  • Becky: Bars (will be hard final to make)
  • Jen: Floor
  • Ruby E: Floor
  • GMF: Bars would be hard for her to make. If Jess upgrades (mentioned upgrading all apparatus by Paris) then should could possibly out score her

Ruby Evans wants that spot! Worlds is 5 this year? So…

VT: (Alice) Jess, Ondine, Ruby
UB: (Jess) Alice, Ondine, Becky
BB: Alice, Jess, Ondine (Becky)
FX: (Ondine) Alice, Ruby, Jess

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back