Brazil’s verification camp - Rebeca Andrade

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I disagree. For Pan Ams, the simpler, very reliable vault and the simpler FX passes are a more reliable way of securing a spot to the Olympics. That gives her a few months to finalize the Amanar (which she clearly can still get enough block and twist to do – look where she finishes the double) and to add another pass or two back in, depending on legs and feet health.

She also can connect out of the Pak for 0.2 more and has done it numerous times. And I believe she missed a connection or two on beam, playing it safe. Not good for Tokyo, but good for Pan Ams.

My two cents

I know what you mean. Given they are aware of continental imbalances (Oceana having one place at their continental), I always thought Europeans should have three qualification places up for grabs. Five (RUS, ITA, FRA, GBR, NED) of the top eight teams in 2019 were European and it was four in Rio. Three still wouldn’t have helped GB in the end though as Maggio was the next in line.

Well - everything changes if Larissa gets injured. Just sayin…!

First thought - wash your mouth out! 😉

Second thought - good question, are these named spots lost if the individual can’t use them due to injury? If not do they simply move down the continental list or go to AA reserves from Stuttgart?

Oooh I hadn’t thought of Stuttgart reserves. Who’s the resident rules geek?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back