And the coaching changes have begun

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

UNC rehires Marie Case-Denick as AC. Amelia Hundley also hired as an AC.

Looks like penn state will be on the hunt for a new AC. Sounds like Dallas Becerra is gone

Jill Hicks said on her FB live today that the list of potential coaches for clemson was impressive and that she felt they would be “top ten” quickly. Said they have the funding, the gym and they were willing to pay for the talented coaches. Can’t wait to see who it is!

I’m shocked they kept her (rehired). I’ve heard many of their athletes don’t care for her and have heard some of the top recruits actively dislike her.

That is interesting. I have heard the exact opposite, that she was well liked.

HA! Those gymnasts are in for a rude awakening then, if they didn’t care for Denick they will “adore” Durante.

Didn’t Ray get in trouble with money being inappropriately spent? Doubt that Clemson would want to take that on.

yeah its kind of odd. I know these girls and the gyms that they come from. Its frankly shocking to me that they didn’t like her compared to current environments!

That is one allegation that came from a disgruntled and slightly egotistical alumni donor. Like she would know how the money was spent and on what it was spent on. She also seemed to very outspoken on how the head coach should do her job.

FISH!

Last edited:
Hmmm who left?

Nevermind Orel had left to go to Lindenwood. I thoguht Orel was a volunteer coach also and not paid.

Good for Hano!

Last edited:
just call Arkansas Little UCLA. 3/4 are ucla alum and the 4th dates one

Jessie DeZiel, 2015 Pan Am Games gold medalist and former Nebraska standout is the new head Coach at UW- Eau Claire

I watched a few of their meets online during the pandemic. Kind of fun seeing these smaller, but locally important, schools, like UWEC, UW-Stout, Hamline, etc. Good luck to the new coach, and the outgoing coach, who looks to be starting a family.

Ok. What’s the deal with this one? Why was she fired from ASU?

I never really found out, but everyone was injured and leaving, and they went from a pretty solid team to a disaster.

Reactions: nog
There were lots of issues with the gymnasts and Dr. Lyst. Apparently, she had done some shady stuff and they weren’t happy. There were accusations of forcing gymnasts to train through injury, etc. There was also rumors of alleged hook ups Dr. Lyst had with various male co-workers/ student workers.

According to Dr. Lyst herself, the program had certain expectations and had issues with her personally and that they were looking to find an excuse to fire her. http://www.goatsports.pro/blog/what-i-wish-i-knew-when-i-started-coaching

As far as Brockport hiring her, they are a division III school so less “expectation” in terms of division I dynamics and scholarships, etc. They either don’t care about ASU or Dr. Lyst was able to persuade them/ manipulate the facts. She has a clear narrative in her own perspective of why she was let go.

Reactions: nog

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back