2025 Commits

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I remember this. She ended up at Alabama, right?
Yep. I can't remember what the other school was. I want to say she had committed to Stanford originally, but then they pulled the offer shortly before signing day so it was a bit of a scramble to find a scholarship spot elsewhere.

I don’t remember much about Cassie’s gymnastics but I always rooted for her because she had the most hilarious blog! Remember the days of gymnastics blogs lol.

I don't know how much it was just rumour mill - but I believe there was some drama around wanting to go to Georgia and then that falling through so a snap decision made for Alabama.

I think the rumour was something along the lines of Courtney Kupets telling Suzanne that she didn't want to attend college with former club mates. Equally given that Cassie seemed to show a lot of personality/independent thought for a gymnast of that era - I can see how she wouldn't fit in under a lot of coaches back then.

I've updated the list in the first post. I'm only listing commits who have a three star or higher ranking according to college gym news.

I don't know how much it was just rumour mill - but I believe there was some drama around wanting to go to Georgia and then that falling through so a snap decision made for Alabama.

I think the rumour was something along the lines of Courtney Kupets telling Suzanne that she didn't want to attend college with former club mates. Equally given that Cassie seemed to show a lot of personality/independent thought for a gymnast of that era - I can see how she wouldn't fit in under a lot of coaches back then.
Very possible that I'm not remembering correctly and it was Georgia, not Stanford! it's been a few years.

I remember one rumor flying around at the time that Corey Hartung was adamant that she would not go to the same school as Kupets.

Very possible that I'm not remembering correctly and it was Georgia, not Stanford! it's been a few years.

I remember one rumor flying around at the time that Corey Hartung was adamant that she would not go to the same school as Kupets.
You know we need all the tea! I’ve been a fan of this era of Hill’s girls since I ordered the ‘00 Sydney team final on vhs and the company accidentally sent me the ‘01 or ‘02 Maryland Classic 😂😂

I wonder what all of the hostility between teammates at Hill’s is about? In Corrie Lothrop’s podcast interview last year(What Makes You Think podcast) she made it clear she was not friends with Kytra Hunter and the other elite training at Hills at the time.

I didn't know that about Corrie and Kytra, interesting. They both came to Hill's after I left.

I don't even know much of the dynamics the Kupets-Hartung-Martin elites; they're a few years younger than me, Hartung came after I left, and I only briefly overlapped with Kupets (and I wasn't elite......).

I think, with most any gym, there's a bit of "familiarity breeds contempt," frustrations about playing second fiddle to perceived favorites, personalities that plain don't mesh, general teenage angst. Add in the viciously unhealthy environment of the Marta years where gymnasts were openly pitted against each other.......

I didn't know much about Woolford and I ended up going down the rabbit hole. She's another one that was at MG Elite. Spent a hot minute at Future then switched to Buckeye. Apparently been homeschooled since she was 8(!) because of gymnastics.

If you ever want an example of just how wildly different the level 10 and elite codes are, Woolford was a 2022 national champ on bars. You'd never guess that if you've only watched her elite bars.

Where the top class of 2025 finishers from 2024 Level 10 nationals have committed.

Sophia Diaz, 39.200 Michigan (senior C, 1st)
Kamila Pawlak, 39.000 Oklahoma (senior B, 1st)
Bailey Stroud, 39.000 Utah (senior B, 1st)
Gabriella Van Frayen, 38.900 Kentucky (senior B, 3rd)
Allison Cucci, 38.850 Arkansas (senior A, 1st)
Nina Ballou, 38.725 LSU (senior C, 2nd)
Bradley Burton, 38.700 Arkansas (senior D, 4th)
Haley Mustari, 38.700 LSU (senior A, 2nd)
Autumn Reingold, 38.625 Georgia (senior B, 4th)
Sophie Schriever, 38.575 Washington (senior B, 5th)
Jasmine Cawley, 38.550 Alabama (senior A, 3rd)
Avalon Campbell, 38.525 Arkansas (senior A 5th)
Kimarra Echols, 38.500 Missouri (senior C, 3rd)
Sophie Stuart, 38.475 California (senior C, 4th)
Maggie Ball, 38.400 uncommitted (senior C, 5th)

Can you imagine bringing in a group of recruits and their parents and one of those kids brings KJ and Lou? Might be intimidating for some, so I'm super interested in where Maggie Ball ends up. Last check she wasn't just planning to walk on at OU.

Where the top class of 2025 finishers from 2024 Level 10 nationals have committed.

Sophia Diaz, 39.200 Michigan (senior C, 1st)
Kamila Pawlak, 39.000 Oklahoma (senior B, 1st)
Bailey Stroud, 39.000 Utah (senior B, 1st)
Gabriella Van Frayen, 38.900 Kentucky (senior B, 3rd)
Allison Cucci, 38.850 Arkansas (senior A, 1st)
Nina Ballou, 38.725 LSU (senior C, 2nd)
Bradley Burton, 38.700 Arkansas (senior D, 4th)
Haley Mustari, 38.700 LSU (senior A, 2nd)
Autumn Reingold, 38.625 Georgia (senior B, 4th)
Sophie Schriever, 38.575 Washington (senior B, 5th)
Jasmine Cawley, 38.550 Alabama (senior A, 3rd)
Avalon Campbell, 38.525 Arkansas (senior A 5th)
Kimarra Echols, 38.500 Missouri (senior C, 3rd)
Sophie Stuart, 38.475 California (senior C, 4th)
Maggie Ball, 38.400 uncommitted (senior C, 5th)
Arkansas gets 3 of these top finishers! Go Jordyn and Kyla with recruiting!

Could someone please post the link to that awesome spreadsheet that has who’s committed to each team? I lost the link. Thank you!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back