2025 Commits

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Can you imagine bringing in a group of recruits and their parents and one of those kids brings KJ and Lou? Might be intimidating for some, so I'm super interested in where Maggie Ball ends up. Last check she wasn't just planning to walk on at OU.
Dragging this back up. According to her Instagram, Maggie has visited Utah State, Iowa, Ohio State, and Cal this summer.

OOPS. I mixed up this thread with the 2026 one. LMAO.

According to CollegeGymNews Visit Tracker, Kelise Woolford has switched her commit from Clemson to Georgia!

here it is

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-09-13 at 4.50.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-09-13 at 4.50.15 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
I'm all for having goals, but LA 2028 just seems so unreasonable for Woolford. She's never even made an elite national team. She finished second to last of those who did AA at nationals this year.
I wonder if she just needed a reason beyond it’s a better program or I like the coaches better

No, when she committed to Clemson, she also talked about continuing elite and training for 2028. I think she seriously believes she can be a legit contender.

I feel a little bad trashing her LA goal, but I also question the adults around her. Kelsie was pulled out of school at 7 or 8 years old to focus on gymnastics. She was at MG Elite, the Future, before finally landing at Buckeye.

No, when she committed to Clemson, she also talked about continuing elite and training for 2028. I think she seriously believes she can be a legit contender.

I feel a little bad trashing her LA goal, but I also question the adults around her. Kelsie was pulled out of school at 7 or 8 years old to focus on gymnastics. She was at MG Elite, the Future, before finally landing at Buckeye.
I can’t stand Buckeye. Have they ever managed to have a successful elite?

Maybe she’s being far too optimistic with Cecile‘s coaching. I also hope that those who come mainly for elite don’t cause issues among the team.

Not really. I don't think Gabby Douglas counts since she was a senior transfer. Otherwise, the track record of elites is pretty meh. Nia Dennis is probably their most successful homegrown elite.

Not really. I don't think Gabby Douglas counts since she was a senior transfer. Otherwise, the track record of elites is pretty meh. Nia Dennis is probably their most successful homegrown elite.
Didn’t Shilese start at Buckeye? Not that I would attribute any of her success to them, but I suppose they did give her a very strong foundation. You could see it at 2021 trials.

I never understood the decision to uproot from the Seattle area to go to Buckeye, a gym to zero track record when it comes to elites. And ultimately, I think it was a terrible decision for Shilese. She never came close to reaching her potential until she moved back to Seattle. Years wasted.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back