2024 US Olympic Trials WAG Day 2 (6/30)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Live scores will be here: https://myusagym.com/meets/live/90016/

Competition starts at 7 Central time. Once again Peacock will show from the start, NBC will join in-progress 30 minutes later.

Peacock has event feeds. I found that, because they only do one routine at a time, it is easy enough to switch back and forth. Not only will.you see every routine that way (Simone Rose stans, I see you!), it is also free of commentary. Truly the superior way to watch Trials if you can't be there in person.

Live scores will be here: https://myusagym.com/meets/live/90016/

Competition starts at 7 Central time. Once again Peacock will show from the start, NBC will join in-progress 30 minutes later.

Peacock has event feeds. I found that, because they only do one routine at a time, it is easy enough to switch back and forth. Not only will.you see every routine that way (Simone Rose stans, I see you!), it is also free of commentary. Truly the superior way to watch Trials if you can't be there in person.
I just wish they showed scores.

I’m just worried if WAG doesn’t take the exact highest scoring team for TF no matter what that there will be undue outcry. The Washington Post team calculator thing is not helping.
100 percent. Between the Washington Post and gymcastic going on about “highest potential scoring teams.”

This stuff is Fan Fiction. I don’t think any major WAG federation makes the choice with this criteria and if USAG WAG thought it was the best way to select a team there wouldn’t be a three person selection committee!

Sorry for bringing this up in the MAG thread.

At this point with Chiles, Biles, Lee, Carey EF are maxed out.

VT: Biles, Carey
UB: Biles (maybe) Lee
BB: Lee, Biles
FX: Biles, Carey or Chiles

The 5th member is a back up/UB BB in TQ...possibly beam in team finals or vault (Wong). Though for Wong that would mean bumping Chiles or Lee from AA which I doubt will occur.

Rivera is the front runner followed by Wong (useful anywhere) then Sumansekera for BB only- which means Carey does UB in TQ.
Lincoln's floor is simply not needed.
Roberson is the same, although if her Cheng beats Wong tonight, she might got for VT only, but then that bumps a 3rd AA, which I doubt will happen considering Chiles DTY is close to Roberson's Chen by like .1

The 4th alternate is wide open as well, looking like Simone Rose or Dulcy Caylor for UB

The team wants a 3rd BB routine, the 5th member should come down to whoever is best there, unless Jordan messes up on FX again and opens the door for that to become relevant too.

I don't think the 4th alternate is open at all? Between Sumansekera, Roberson, Rivera, Wong, Lincoln, all the spots will be filled.

At this point with Chiles, Biles, Lee, Carey EF are maxed out.

VT: Biles, Carey
UB: Biles (maybe) Lee
BB: Lee, Biles
FX: Biles, Carey or Chiles

The 5th member is a back up/UB BB in TQ...possibly beam in team finals or vault (Wong). Though for Wong that would mean bumping Chiles or Lee from AA which I doubt will occur.

Rivera is the front runner followed by Wong (useful anywhere) then Sumansekera for BB only- which means Carey does UB in TQ.
Lincoln's floor is simply not needed.
Roberson is the same, although if her Cheng beats Wong tonight, she might got for VT only, but then that bumps a 3rd AA, which I doubt will happen considering Chiles DTY is close to Roberson's Chen by like .1

The 4th alternate is wide open as well, looking like Simone Rose or Dulcy Caylor for UB
If Roberson's hits beam with a big score again, she becomes relevant there as well.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back