3:00pm ET/
12:00pm PT [1] Oklahoma @ TWULINK
3:00pm ET/
12:00pm PTAlaska @ Iowa StateLINK
6:00pm ET/
3:00pm PT [5] Auburn @ [16] Missouri
6:00pm ET/
3:00pm PTNC State, George Washington, Penn @ TempleLINK

Meets of the week are likely 6 UCLA vs 7 Cal, 9 Alabama VS 19 Georgia, 14 Arkansas vs 11 Kentucky, and THE meet of the weekly probably 2 Florida vs 8 LSU

Although some fun ones with Alaska vs Simpson, Fisk vs William and Mary, and Towson vs LIU

Obviously Michigan State had to postpone competition and I see UM decided to do so as well, so it’s interesting that Eastern, Central, and Western Michigan are still competing.

So Michigan postponed because of Nebraska.
Why did MSU postpone with Illinois?

Are these COVID precautions?

I think MSU was postponed due to what happened there this week. I know campus was closed for at least a day.

Mass shooting at MSU happened, so things are at a standstill right now.
Michigan’s postponement had to do with “health and safety concerns” for Nebraska.
Ah okay. I knew that Michigan was helping in solidarity with MSU, so I thought it was related to that.

Last edited:
Also, SEC scoring is out of control. Other teams need to start protesting to NCAA officials because while placements might be correct in meets.

Kentucky was clearly the winner but no where close to 197.875, about a point too high and Arkansas still came home with a 195.400 counting THREE falls on beam. Meanwhile LSU went 198 which was ridiculous.

LSU was slightly better than Florida as Florida gave away a bunch on vault and bars, but still both teams went way too high.

Georgia scoring over 197 is laughable.

It is unfair to the rest of the schools because the SEC judging doesn’t even really exist, they aren’t really judging, just throwing out scores they feel and it totally messes with NQS.

Two ties yesterday.
LIU got a program record 195.925, with Syd Morris debuting in the AA with a program best 39.275. The team tied EAGL leading Towson, which has got to be a huge confidence booster.
EAGL championships are going to be super tight and exciting, with all 8 teams in a chance to win the meet on any given day.

Cal had their 2nd best team score in history to tie UCLA as well! PAC 12 finally decided that if the SEC can give impossible scores out like candy on Halloween, then PAC 12 teams are able to get the same. Lots of crazy scores and both teams were about 1 point too high at 197.975 each.

Last edited:
The judges gave so many impossible scores at LSU/UF. I doubt it will happen b/c SEC scoring but I think based on performances so farI have UCLA/Utah/Michigan as #1 seeds and UF just missing out. Florida can be spectacular and has been this season but never all at the same time, and they’ve been held up consistently by the judges. A lot of these judges have judged L10, so the deduction amnesia is suspect.

Iowa St, already forced to count one 195 so far, needs a 49.55 on FX to break 196 for the first time this season, and only has 4 meets left. It would be the first time since 2016 they’ve missed regionals. I think ISU needs a new head coach at the very least.

WMU home scoring is right up there with the SEC. CMU’s floor anchor has superb lift and position on her double pike/tuck.

Last edited:
There is no way UCLA should be ahead of UF, even with crazy SEC scoring. I’m not sure Utah either, especially given the unknown extent of Grace’s injury, but that is more debatable than UCLA. Michigan I would agree has been way more consistent than UF at this point.
Its all irrelevant at this point, even though UF has a higher potential ceiling, no one, it appears, is going to catch Oklahoma this year.

Missouri had a program best on vault last night with a gorgeous Yurchenko 1.5 to get a perfect 10. Also went into the 197s and could have gone a bit higher if not for beam. They pulled the upset off Auburn who rested Suni on VT and FX and Gobourne from FX. Auburn has shaky landings on bars and vault, similar to Florida had against LSU.
We got a glimpse of what Auburn will look like without Suni and Gobourne next year.

Thought it was the best scored meet all season as well.

I agree on the scoring, Although still some head scratchers, like how did suni score higher with a fall and form break on her leap series than Hollingsworth who had a bent over balance check but stayed on beam? Still it wasnt that crazy. Auburn will certainly be interesting to see if there is a Suni hangover next season.
Still wondering where the Mizzou of last year is?

Still wondering where the Mizzou of last year is?
They showed it yesterday, plus they are also short Amaya Marshall who is really missed on vault, bars, and beam. She hasn’t competed all year and had surgery a few weeks so likely out for the season.

That’s a bummer. Hopefully, they are coming into form now to reach where they finished last year!

That’s a bummer. Hopefully, they are coming into form now to reach where they finished last year!
Yeah they peaked at regionals and nationals. That is the plan again, to peak at the right time. They did get lucky last year that UCLA had an off day on beam because otherwise they wouldn’t have qualified out of regionals.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back