2023 NCAA Nationals (April 13 &15)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

LSU had a really good vault rotation at the end. Bryant came close to a 10.

Okay, I think the coverage of OU screaming has been sufficient.

When one team is untouchable the results are the same again and again.

Last edited:
Utah coming this close even with that vault rotation. They will be kicking themselves over that.
True, but even with their best VT rotation, they wouldn’t have won. They had 2 yurchenko fulls.

That’s why I say, each meet is its own entity. What happened on semis had no effect on today.
It is why it has been so exciting this year. At any point any team can win a meet. There were lots of upsets all year long.

Next year is going to be something, especially with all the “Olympians” taking a yer off to train for Paris.

Screen Shot 2023-04-15 at 5.50.34 PM

Could have, would have, should have

.150 at the end is a small margin yet large margin.

One can’t wonder had Thomas been able to do BB and FX if the results would be different.

I don’t agree. Maile is capable of scoring around a 9.9 with a stick and today she was short with a low 9.7 score. Hoffman was short on her 1.5 giving away tenths. Rucker is certainly capable of a much better vault. That would have been more than enough.

I think Florida deserved the win today.
Unfortunately the Wong OOB is what was the ultimate difference, sadly.

ETA…no it wouldn’t, even if she had the 9.962 from semis Florida would lose by .050

Last edited:
Florida beat Oklahoma on three events - only floor kept them out of the gold medal.

ETA - But i am utterly perplexed at the score of Trautman on BB. Considering the exercises that scored in the same range WITHOUT the two LARGE leg lifts.

ETA - and watching how humble and gracious Trinity is just makes me well up with emotion knowing that you can be an amazing athlete WITHOUT all of the extraneous trappings!

She will go down in the GOAT category for sure!

Last edited:
Yep. Gave away a high 9.9 score. Just such a horrible decision to let her do that pass.

I don’t agree. Maile is capable of scoring around a 9.9 with a stick and today she was short with a low 9.7 score. Hoffman was short on her 1.5 giving away tenths. Rucker is certainly capable of a much better vault. That would have been more than enough.
Utah got 49.3625 in semis, they went 49.150 today

.212 difference, they still would have lost

Is Wong deferring next year?
No announcement yet, but I would think so…unless Wong doesn’t go for Paris.

She barely made it last summer, while injury granted, so with Suni back Wong’s place is more challenged.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back