2023 Chinese National Championships

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Does Yu Linmin have a chance to make the worlds team just for her vault? She gives them an extra 8 tenths there.

Women’s Balance Beam Final results and video of the top 3 routines: Qiu Qiyuan, Zhang Qingying, and Ou Yushan.

2023 China Nats (May) - BB Final

Women’s Floor Exercise Final results and video of the top 3 routines: Zhou Yaqin, Zhang Qingying, and Shang Chunsong. ZQY and SCS tied for 2nd place, but Zhang Qingying won the tie breaker on E score. Ou Yushan qualified in 1st, here she had a big bounce OOB with both feet on her first pass, then stepped out one foot on the 2nd pass. The rest of the routine was fine but the -.4 in OOBs and the big bounce dropped her to 4th. Zhang Xinyi qualified in 2nd but fell on her last pass today (dbl pike) and ended up in 8th.

2023 China Nats (May) - FX Final

Last edited:
Does Yu Linmin have a chance to make the worlds team just for her vault? She gives them an extra 8 tenths there.
Maybe. She isn’t usable on any other event, but maybe she could do V instead of Wei Xiaoyuan (UB/BB/FX), with the other three gymnasts (Qiu Qiyuan, Ou Yushan, and Zhang Qingying??) doing AA.

Who are they sending to Universiade do you think? Shang Chunsong and Wang Yan?
I think it will be Wang Yan, Du Siyu, Luo Huan, Zhang Jin, and possibly Yu Linmin.

Oh, wait, is there a team event, or just individuals?

Last edited:
In that case, Wang Yan, Du Siyu, and Luo Huan.

EtA: Tang Xijing might also be eligible.

Last edited:
He Licheng also has a shot at the major teams. She’ll likely be on one of them, at the very least as alternate. She was recently injured and only started getting her skills back in the last three weeks. In the AA she scored a 6.5 D on beam and has resumed training the DTT

If I had to choose the Asian Games and World teams today:

AG: Zhang Xinyi, Zuo Tong, He Licheng, Zhang Jin/Yu Linmin, Huang Zhuofan/Hu Jiafei

Worlds: Qiu Qiyuan, Ou Yushan, Wei Xiaoyuan, Zhang Qingying, Zhou Yaqin

In short, I’m really hoping they’ll send their A-team to Worlds.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back