2022 World Gymnastics Championships WAG All Around Final (Thursday 11/03)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

She deserves way more than 0.3 off for that routine last year. Insufficient complexity, poor choreography in the corner, lack of fluency, poor engagement of the music, lack of elongation, insufficient involvement of body parts.

Yeah, because this year’s standard wasn’t being applied last year. 😵

Last edited:
She deserves way more than 0.3 off for that routine last year. Insufficient complexity, poor choreography in the corner, lack of fluency, poor engagement of the music, lack of elongation, insufficient involvement of body parts.
Sorry but you are clearly biased against Jordan.
No one is taking some of these but you.

Last years routine would be getting a 3 this year. And it probably got 3s last year.

This year’s routine is getting a 2 or a 1. It’s really not that deep.

The bulk of her improvement in E is nixing her twisty pass.

I wish the FIG would release the full judges book so we could resolve issues like this.

Last edited:
Yes. search on youtube with “BBC” in the name and you’ll find it.

There’s no difference in standard. I keep telling you.
You are incorrect. The standard factually changed this year, the deductions have been taken, and people changed their routines as such.
Sorry but you are clearly biased against Jordan.
No one is taking some of these but you.
Doesn’t seem like you remember her last year’s routine too well. It has several dead spots and simplistic movement and performance quality, exactly fitting the examples used to showcase those deductions.

The standard factually changed this year, the deductions have been taken
The standard did change. If you’ve been judging all the rounds at Worlds, you’ll have found no measurable difference in the artistry deductions they’ve been taking at Worlds.

A 3 last year has been getting a 3 this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dex
Chiles’ choreo, interpretation, expression, and use of her body are worlds better than what she demonstrated in last year’s routine. Night and day. I totally agree w what GymBeauty is saying about routines being generally better from top-scorers and judges having a sharper pen for this new CoP. That being said, I’m also getting the feeling they could be even stricter although there’s no transparency of course lol

Doesn’t seem like you remember her last year’s routine too well. It has several dead spots and simplistic movement and performance quality, exactly fitting the examples used to showcase those deductions.
Her E score went up this year not due to artistry but due to composition of her tumbling lines. Removing the front double full to immediate front full was a HUGE impact to her E score.

Look what happened to Suni in Tokyo, in the same competition.
She removed an entire tumbling line and her execution went up.

That is a big difference this year especially for the US ladies. They could do harder tumbling or an additional tumbling like and are not doing so. It isn’t so much that their artistry has changed. They are still getting dinged for it. E scores are going up because one less pass to deduct.

I agree her E score went up in large part due to smarter composition. This is not mutually exclusive with her getting better at dance which she very objectively has lol

This is not mutually exclusive with her getting better at dance which she very objectively has lol
I think it is very similar, the difference is in the music selection. Her floor music this year is NCAA type compared tot he more classic type she had before NCAA. The routine is more enjoyable because the music suits Jordan the best.

Last edited:
@YurchenkoLoop - I think you have Jess in bronze. My scores for Kinsella were much higher and brought our average up. Maybe temporarily delete my E scores and see?

We need to do D Panel, at some point too.

Will keep us busy until Winter Cup ha

Last edited:
Yes I have Gadirova ahead by 0.200. In real time I was feeling more impressed by her than Kinsella. I think her floor gold is the more dubious medal. Her Silivas was far better in AA than EF and there was little difference elsewhere in the routine.

I think her floor gold is the more dubious medal
I agree the 4 tenth gap is a little toppy. But I think the placement is pretty uncontroversial. You would have given Jess gold on floor with only a 2 tenth difference in E Score. That’s one 1 or 3 call in either Jordan’s or Jess’ routines.

That’s hardly “dubious”. One decision in real time.
Her Silivas was far better in AA than EF and there was little difference elsewhere in the routine.
And she was 2 tenths down in E compared to her E Score in AA.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back