2022 Winter Cup Women's Discussion February 26, 2022

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Someone smack Tim and Nastia. They know damn well McClain isn’t getting a 9 on beam.

Last edited:
A country getting invaded and now tim and nastia giving deliberately obtuse commentary on scores? I guess it’s a week of surprises

Top 10:
1.Konnor McClain 54.300
2. Skye Blakely 53.700
3. eMjae Frazier 53.150
4. Ashlee Sullivan 52.850
5. Katelyn Jong 52.650
– Nola Matthews 52.650
7. Karis German 52.050
8. Levi Jung-Ruivivar 51.900
9. Sydney Barros 51.800
10. Elle Mueller 51.550

Watching it now. I’m enjoying the beam the most.

Katelyn Jong: very nice back full.

Ashlee Sullivan: gorgeous arabian, great height. Until seeing hers today, my gold standard of arabians on beam was Katia Lobaznyuk in the 2000 Olympics in Sydney, but I think this is my new gold standard. NBC was so stupid, they didn’t show it in the slow motion replay.

Skye Blakely: beautiful back full. Hers was my favorite routine because it has a front walkover front tuck. It would be cool if she could block off her shoulders a little to make it a front handspring front tuck, but that would be more risky. Her aerial cartwheel looked so easy for her, if a bit low. Also the dismount (double back tuck) seemed too easy, not up to the difficulty of the rest of her routine. Yet still my fave beam routine that I saw, although I would take out the diamond pose with her legs in the mount.

Last edited:
Reactions: L_R
Surely she wouldn’t inquire as to CV credit lol. If they don’t give her the pak then she loses the CR for high to low transition. It’s a huge issue on her D Score.

Surely she wouldn’t inquire as to CV credit lol. If they don’t give her the pak then she loses the CR for high to low transition. It’s a huge issue on her D Score.
You have a lot more faith in US coaches to fully understand rules than I do.

Of course, myusagym is down again…hoping they get it back up before ETC!

There was live scoring on myusagym.com. Now, I didn’t see start values, but I wasn’t looking either…
When lives scores are working, if you click on Start List you can find d and e score breakdowns that way.

But that would requires scores to be working the first place, so…

Yes. They were working for quite a while, but now are down again. I lost my connection midway thru the meet so was following scores (well, and using that to see what all the gymnasts were doing since NBC coverage sucks.) But now…gone…ugh

I was there in person. Konnor’s beam was definitely the most impressive thing of the day. Everything else was ok, but it’s still early in the season. I don’t see any emerging stars at the moment. I was surprised by Ashlee from Woga. I don’t remember her from juniors last year, so it feels she came out of nowhere.

I didn’t notice too much of a change in how people have adapted to the code, just less Wolf turns and only fewer side jumps.

I’m a little disappointed Kaliyah Lincoln, Kailin Chio, and Shilese weren’t here. I could also see Suni and Leanne successfully returning if they can stay healthy and consistent.

so they didn’t give frazier Layout credit

harsh IMO but within the guidelines. has to have no pike at 45 degrees and there’s clear pike here.

stupid rule i’m not in favour

Last edited:
Terrifying fall from eMjae. So lucky, she could have been seriously injured.
This was bad… a perfect example of why coaches need to teach their athletes to “leg bounce” off the bar. Very important crash skill.

And Konnor is looking awesome!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back