2022 Cairo World Cup March 16-20

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I mean that makes logical sense, if you look at what this people (men and women) are doing, it really is very tough and “strong”, even if you look like omelianchik while doing it
I was just about to say . . . .I mean if ever there were a sport that took extreme amounts of sheer body strength and muscular development, gymnastics is it. Compare the bodies of male gymnasts to say . . .baseball players, or tennis players. And there is nothing inhererently feminine or “wussie” about the guys events. So . . . . .I wonder if some of this attitude stems from the fact that it is really WAG, and not MAG, which gets most of the (at least non fan) attention and in spite of the fact that women gymnasts also have this incredible level of body strength and muscular development there is without doubt also an emphasis on how “pretty” the WAG athletes are – from the requirement of wearing make up at competition, to the focus fans have on what their leos look like, to the judgning their “feminine grace” in floor routines.

I must say, my experience of the states is that it tends to be more prudish in these things than other Western countries, or at least Europe. I would say, what you say generally applies to people here as well but maybe not so extreme as you paint it there (and for example men from turkish descent, or well some at least, greet each other by kissing on the lips, which is very shocking even to me as a Spaniard -we’re very easy with the kissing-).
cheek kissing two or three times depending on the country is normal in many European and Middle eastern countries. But you would NEVER see two straight American men kiss eachother on the cheek as a greeting. I do not think its necessarily about the U.S. being homophobic – I mean same sex orientation is FAR more accepted here than in the Middle East where it can still get you killed.

Yes but lip kissing between men is a first for me. I don’t even do it with my gay friends. Hell sometimes i won’t do it with my husband if he’s being difficult 😆

Arkayev used to kiss nemov on the lips no? Or is this some weird fantasy i made up?

It’s a generational thing. Men of Arkayev’s generation probably more comfortable with going full Brezhnev but don’t expect to see it with Nagorny and Dalaloyan!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back