Women's NCAA Fantasy Gym League

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I was going to suggest a Gymnaverse fantasy league! This will be fun :) are we doing an auto draft?
I haven't played in 3-4 years. How does the draft work? How does auto draft work?

I'm not married to the #s I chose for the roster/lineup/count size. If anyone has a suggestion for a better format, I can easily make a new league.

I'm in the gymnastics Discord where they have loads of different leagues going. The default there seems to be to use www.gymlytics.io which I used last year and was great. General leagues are mostly 20 people, 20 gymnasts per team, 10 up per event, 5 count. They're doing a lot of slow snake drafts so you get to choose each gymnast when you already know who else you have on your team, but Gymlytics has an auto-draft feature. If we were interested, I could also upload the spreadsheet template here that seems to work quite well.

Last edited:
Idk if snake draft is a commonly used term because I only started doing fantasy last year but it means that you go from 1-20 and then 20-1 and each person has something like 14 hours to choose their next gymnast.

The link you posted didn't work, so I put the main page for now, but you might want to update that to another page.

Also, since we're not longer WWGym, and this is NCAA, I changed the thread title in the hopes of getting more attention for you. :)

The link you posted didn't work, so I put the main page for now, but you might want to update that to another page.

Also, since we're not longer WWGym, and this is NCAA, I changed the thread title in the hopes of getting more attention for you. :)
Thanks Denn.

I can't seem to edit the name on the page, so we should just make a new one with the proper name. I could do it less someone more competent wants to take charge. I can't even remember the forums name apparently haha

Last edited:
I'm in the gymnastics Discord where they have loads of different leagues going. The default there seems to be to use www.gymlytics.io which I used last year and was great. General leagues are mostly 20 people, 20 gymnasts per team, 10 up per event, 5 count. They're doing a lot of slow snake drafts so you get to choose each gymnast when you already know who else you have on your team, but Gymlytics has an auto-draft feature. If we were interested, I could also upload the spreadsheet template here that seems to work quite well.
Yeah that spreadsheet would be great!

If you're hosting and want to use it, you'll need to make a copy. Feel free not to use it of course, and if you don't want to host, I'm happy to.

If you're hosting and want to use it, you'll need to make a copy. Feel free not to use it of course, and if you don't want to host, I'm happy to.

Yeah, if you could host I would really appreciate it, as I can't seem to download the file, it just shows as an embedded sheet in the post.

LINK
Should hopefully be just the link now, but I can still host if you'd prefer. Could everyone interested post in the thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested in playing. I did one a few years ago where it let me make a few different drafted teams. One I drafted only Peytons and Hannahs to see if I could make a team from that (I couldn't). If possible, I would suggest that the first week is a practice week because a gymnast might be projected to compete on a specific apparatus and then isn't and you could end up with not enough vaulters to get a full score (vaulters being the hardest to predict in the past).

I'm interested in playing. I did one a few years ago where it let me make a few different drafted teams. One I drafted only Peytons and Hannahs to see if I could make a team from that (I couldn't). If possible, I would suggest that the first week is a practice week because a gymnast might be projected to compete on a specific apparatus and then isn't and you could end up with not enough vaulters to get a full score (vaulters being the hardest to predict in the past).
You might've had more luck with a team of gymnasts with letter changes in their name. MyKayla, Kaitlynn, etc.

I agree about the first week. Every season someone looks amazing in a December Instagram story, then they are in a boot come January.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure last year Gymlytics automatically had the first week as a practice week so I think it would be the same this year. They also do public leagues for if we don't have enough people on here who want to do our own.

Last edited:
I'm interested in playing too. I played last year on Gymlytics but didn't like the automatic draft. I find it way more excited with snake drafting.
When would you host the draft?

Shoot didn't notice that. I have a different version I'm using that has all of them, not sure what happened there. Would need at least 15 here that are interested to snake draft I think

How many are we? I might be interested as well (i.e., I'm interested, but not entirely certain what's involved).

We're at six right now by the looks of it. I'd say 15 would be fine, absolute minimum 10, max 20. If we stay at six though, that could work for a SEC only league maybe? We'd need interest in that though

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back