Widespread Russian Sports Doping

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Then the Russians from the early 2010s should sue the manufacturer if they were on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: One
Yes, the prohibited substances used in gymnastics are recovery aids. It’s very tricky to catch someone out on this type of violation, but it will happen eventually. Just as it did with Valieva. It is never just the one here, they are just the one who got caught. But you can be assured that tens of millions in public funds is being invested in research into more sophisticated masking agents.

I don’t know how to heal a tendon tear but can give a general answer. HGH greatly helps recovery and is commonly used in contact sports. But taking too much causes lifelong consequences. So the WADA protocol stops athletes from going overboard with the hormone.

And some of the men grow breasts.

Can you imagine if the investigation into Eteri eventually reveals that all 3 Russians were taking PEDs. And they have to do a wholesale re-ordering of the medals.

Last edited:
Can you imagine if the investigation into Eteri eventually reveals that all 3 Russians were taking PEDs. And they have to do a wholesale re-ordering of the medals.
IMO, if this happens, Russia needs have a total ban placed on them for a decent amount of time.
It is clear that OAR and ROC did not work because there are still Russians using banned substance.
There was a curler, yes you read that correctly, CURLER that tested positive at the 2018 Olympics and now Valieva in 2022.

I’m sure any documentation that implicates the girls or Eteri has long been deleted and/or flushed down the toilet.

Well they didn’t reorder the medals after Raducan’s positive test even though Amanar admitted to taking the same Sudafed tablets.

Russia needs to be banned though

I think the difference is that Raducan’s drug was allowed in your system as long as it fell below X amount. Amanar’s larger bodyweight meant she fell below the prohibited amount.

Valieva’s drug is just a no-no at any level.

It is clear that OAR and ROC did not work because there are still Russians using banned substance.
There was a curler, yes you read that correctly, CURLER that tested positive at the 2018 Olympics and now Valieva in 2022.
The problem isn’t individual nor systemic doping. Those happen everywhere. The problem is Russia remains noncompliant with WADA and we get absurdity like Kamila Valieva’s situation. Thomas Bach talked about how upsetting Eteri Tutberidze’s comments were but he enables all the systems harming Valieva’s wellbeing.

Last edited:
It baffles me that people think that there is no longer systemic doping here. It never went away, only adapted. And bear in mind that you only hear about the ones who get caught…
If anything, it’s become more sophisticated as more money has been poured into the development of new masking agents. This is not secret information, it is openly discussed under the banner of “emerging sports medicine technology”

Last edited:
I feel like it if were a smaller country they would be banned but Russia seems to have too much influence to get banned

Oh definitely, but that’s by default. The US of China are not going to be banned in that situation either. It’s just how it is

It is surprising to me that the adhd medication Simone took when younger hasn’t become de rigueur for young russian athletes. Since they are convinced that her usage of it was what allowed her to become a great gymnast, I’m shocked that every young Russian doesn’t have a TUE for it at this point. It must not be as effective as the haters on the net claim because it would be easier to put everyone on that legally than develop new stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: One
Yeah, I would be surprised, too, but I’m on Golden Skate, and the pro-Russian trolls like to bring up how ADHD isn’t a real disorder.

We wouldn’t know if they did have a TUE. We only know about Simone’s because of the hack.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back