WAG/MAG Podium Training Notes/ Quick Hits/ Reports (Wed. July 21- Thurs. July 22)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Yep, credit where it’s due, Skinner’s Moors is at least not tucky. She mentioned in her vlog that they like the floor, which… I can’t remember anyone ever liking the floor at a major event, haha.

Jade’s Moors is great.

Agreed! But it sounds like the springboard is the issue this time. I always thought there were more than just 2!

Jade didn’t come to play!! That Moors was soooo floaty and the front layout through to Silivas was fabulous and unexpected. And then the Chuso third pass! Kudos to her dad, because she looks in peak condition. The leaps and dance looked great aside from the Gogean (but that wasn’t horrible either). If she can emulate that performance, she’s gotta make finals surely. I think that was a 6.6 (6.5 with a downgraded Gogean).

Last edited:
The stream as it happens is free (I’m watching wag pt right now) but he’s putting archives behind subscription until the end of the olympics bc he’s worried about his stream getting shut down and hoping this helps avoid that (or that’s what he said on the stream tonight anyway). Sounds like after the olympics he’ll make them free again.

It’s gonna be so tight for VT EF between Jade and Skinner. Based on those vaults today, I think Skinner has the edge.

I think Skinner wins on the Cheng. Jade comes into the table really bent so she’s offline.

Skinner wins on the Amanar too, based on those landings. Jade has a lot of work to do.

Also - Suni - PLEASE STOP VAULTING I can’t take these bent over landings anymore.

Grace looks great. I had consistent 9.3’s for those DTYs.

It looked like Simone was agreeing with something or okaying something.

Man, I hope Simone can bottle those vaults up for event finals!

I’m so interested to see how Mykayla is gonna be scored on that Cheng. She’s doing her job, but I just feel like I’m gonna be pissed if Andrade and Melnikova show up with great Chengs and she scores within a tenth of them.

I think Simone’s going for the double pike.

safe YDP to roll out for Simone.

I think she’s walking back to do another one…

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back