USAG ends deal with FloGymnastics, creates own streaming platform: FlipNow

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I plan to try it for Winter Cup since it is really the only way to see the Junior men and Sunday senior meet. I am happy to see them trying something, so until I see how it is, I won’t say anything bad. I hated FLO. coverage was bad, and lots of other issues.

It is cheaper than FLO was…and maybe better coverage. Let’s give it a chance.

The one-month membership is a bargain for anyone interested in individual competitions. I find the annual membership hard to justify.

They’ve said podium training will be on YouTube. No word on what will happen to the YouTube archives

I signed up for a month of FlipNow as an experiment. It has competitions going back to the 80’s. Look at this! I can’t believe we wore our hair in such a fugly style.

The American Cup of 1976 is the oldest one posted.

Last edited:
Oh those US Challenge meets were so much fun!!!
Head to head AA competition in a bracket tournament!

That does sound like an interesting archive. Is there much that isn’t/hasn’t been on YouTube?

I can’t even afford $100 a year for a baker’s dozen events, it’s impractical. I can’t justify the $50 per year for other sports’ streaming services! I don’t pay that much for any streaming service that I own, and that is for a lot more content. Now if I can watch back events on it, I might do $9.99 for one month and just binge watch then.

Just watched the first stream of FlipNow.

Very clear video. Sound was off at first, but then they had some. no commentating though.

They showed A LOT of gymnastics! There was no watching people stand around. THey went to another event. You didn’t always get to see a whole routine, but you got a little of everything!

Videos were uploaded quickly so you could go watch them later.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality. There are things they can improve on, but for the first event, I was pleased.

Overall it’s good. There’s an app for Amazon firestick, Roku and others so it’s easy to watch on a television. The only thing I would say is that the search function is very lacking. Especially when there is coverage going by decades, a browse by year option would be good.

It also has pleasingly poor geo blocking capabilities

Last edited:
Out of curiosity: Has anyone run into routines with music muted? Music royalties for streaming replays has been a sore point for sports streaming. A gymnastics streaming service without missing music is a good deal.

Last edited:
Half the times I’ve tried to watch using FlipNow has it worked. Today’s Jr MAG USA Championship is no exception.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back