USAG ends deal with FloGymnastics, creates own streaming platform: FlipNow

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

The big news stations should pick this up and make items about it, that will certainly help a bit. I don’t think any petition from the fans is going to change this. They don’t care about the fans, the gymnasts or gymnastics in general… They do care about their pockets being filled…

I wondered if Simone might want to weigh in, but seems not. Can understand her not wanting the aggro right now though.

This will not be picked up by mass media. Its really not a big news story. General public has no clue what FloGymnastics is, does not much care and its not part of any story in the news cycle.

Olivia Karas, former Michigan gymnast, posted an article she wrote for Flo, but commented that having now learned about what they did in the past, it will be the last work that she does for them. I think it’s important to realize how many younger fans and even gymnasts don’t really even know about this, so continuing to post about it and raise awareness is important.

One thing people keep forgetting to add to the heinousness of this situation is not just that Flo linked to Maroney’s underage photos but USAG also paid Maroney to stay quiet about her abuse.

Yes, USAG has new leadership now but their insult to survivors, especially Maroney, seems to be never-ending.

I am not defending USAG, believe me. But saying USAG paid McKayla to stay quiet is really a mischaracterization. McKayla entered into a settlement agreement with USAG. She had the option of going to trial and having everything out in the open. The settlement agreement had a non-disclosure clause as many if not most do. Its just how this kind of thing works. If I remember correctly she was represented by Gloria Allred who is a very well seasoned, aggressive, womens’ rights attorney. In California a non-disclosure clause in a sex abuse case involving a minor is not enforceable. Allred knows this. As did USAG’s attorneys. Mckayla could have simply ignored it. And even if the clause was enforceable its just wrong to characterize it as paying someone to stay quiet. This is just the norm for a settlement agreement. Usually both sides want certain aspects of the agreement to be subject to a non-disclosure. The Defendant is giving the plaintiff money to settle all claims and to in effect buy their peace. Thats the point of settlement. And the plaintiff gets money, does not have the uncertainty of trial and also gets to keep details of the incident private which is frequently something they want. If you don’t want it you get to go to trial where the defendant gets to try to clear their name. But you don’t get to have it both ways. Again, its just the way these settlement agreement work.

Last edited:
an enterprise involved in a felony time ago even if was an editor (they said in a statement on twitter in january) who made it .don’t deserve be considered in any negotiation for get broadcasting rights because we are talking not only from a sport also there are persons involved in the sport and any action that cause damages to them or to the sport must be punished and black list forever in USAG , what about safesports protocols? is ok pay attention to coaches or staff members with another intentions but also must exist a black list of enterprises like flosports who made a felony violating rights of privacy and cyber crime and never was subsidiary responsible for what made the ex editor of that media.

Last edited:
Per Scott Bregman on Twitter, USAG has ended their relationship with Flo.

`
After noticing a
lack of streaming info in recent USAGym event updates, I inquired about
their relationship w/Flo.

It’s over.

“The relationship between USAG and FloSports has
mutually concluded. Streaming information for USAG Events in 2022 will
be announced as appropriate.”
— Scott Bregman
(@sbregman87) February
1, 2022
`

Very interesting. The original deal was announced as being through 2025.

Last edited:

Maybe there was a 1 year break clause.

Literally would cost a couple hundred dollars to pay 4 people with iphones to record all the apparatus on Youtube live.

Surely there’s more value in getting more fans interested in the sport, than whatever Flo was paying USAG.

Either that or NBC is paying the penalty fee for cancelling the contract so they can move gymnastics coverage to Peacock would be my guess
Now that would be awesome… I wonder if gymnastics ratings have really been high enough to get something like that to happen?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back