US Women's training

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

RedBirdie

Staff member
Defender
Reaction score
Scott Bregman is live tweeting today's training session. In the interest of not cluttering up and existing thread, I've started this one. Any additional training sessions can go here, too.

Chiles with a full-twisting piked Shushunova? Is that worth something?

The crazy thing with Simone when you see her in practice or warmup, she basically sticks both Biles IIs but then in competition, i guess the adrenaline gives her an extra rocket boost. Must be a bit frustrating for her to have it so dialed in in practice and then keep overlooking a little in the comp.

She's been doing it for years. I believe it's a B skill
Oh wow, I guess it never clicked in my head that it's a Shushunova. Maybe the 90s conditioned me to expect them only at the end of tumbling passes.

Today is just a training? Does podium training start tomorrow for MAG and Thursday for WAG?

Is podium training going to be shown on peacock? I cannot seem to find it on the app.

Is podium training going to be shown on peacock? I cannot seem to find it on the app.
Per NBC, Team USA sessions of Gymnastics Podium Training will be streamed live on Peacock!
MAG
➡️
7/24, 11am - 1:30pm local time
WAG
➡️
7/25, 11:40am - 1:20pm local time

Peacock or Peacock Plus? I assume a subscription will be needed.

Good question, the tweet did not say. My guess is subscription. Does not help us Canadians anyway. I had hoped for a youtube stream.

Not sure if this is the right place, but I don't think the TF thread is open yet so putting it here. Chellsie has spoken to Cecile about the option not to do all 4 TF events if she'd prefer not to. Choice will be Simone's.

Logic would suggest they're thinking of whether to use Hezley on bars instead.

If Hezly is solid through Qualifying that would be great.

I think it’s also possible that she doesn’t vault in TF. It could lance some bad memories but on the other hand the stress leading up to it could be a big trigger. It helps that she’s not doing the same vault, but they might not want to put her through it all the same.

I'm thinking Rivera might score higher than Chiles on bars to be honest, so maybe the option to have Chiles/Rivera sub out Biles on that event.

Hell, you could even have Rivera, Chiles, Carey do floor and give Biles a rest on that event, if the US have a sizeable lead.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back