US WAG world team trials

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

8.1 (3A) for the blond girl who danced to the trumpets. Clean. Reminds me a bit of Maggie Nichols. Is she from the same gym?

Leanne on floor - 6.7E from me

HUGE issues on the 2.5 punch. bailed out and did a front half. Huge lunge to the side and forward.

Missed the connection to the stag jump out of the Double Pike arabian. Which was GORGEOUS in warm up. But had a 0.3 squat and a 0.3 step back.

HUGE lunch break before the third pass. They need to downgrade that - she can’t do it.

Last edited:
That FX had me wincing. Great save on the double Arabian though.

Somehow I thought she’d look more prepared but admittedly that was based mostly on vibes.

Last edited:
That FX had me wincing. Great save on the double Arabian though.

Somehow I thought she’d look more prepared but admittedly that was based mostly on vibes.
She’s between GAGE and Florida. Gotta adjust expectations based on that.

And the ankle injury, which has cost her god knows how much preparation.

I think Leanne has the ability to pull the wool over my eyes; she’s so clean when she’s on that I forget what it’s like when she’s off.

Last edited:
Here is the judges list for selection camp for anyone interested(though Tatiana declined the worlds assignment at some point and will be replaced by Cheryl Hamilton)

Blakely was a little too close to the bar for comfort on her dismount.

Wong 12.45 (5.6,7.05, -0.2), has her ninth after the first rotation

Don’t think I’ve ever seen an FTY rotate so slowly, lol. She had lots of height!

That vault is SO labored. 8.6 and Im being generous. Was that the girl who got the 5 on floor?

I wish they could have at least printed pieces of paper with everyone’s names on it and had them pin that to their backs in lieu of a number.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back