US WAG world team trials

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Plus Shilese Jones 6.3 and Leanne Wong 5.7.

I actually don’t think there’s that much wrong with the US having a bars lineup of Jones-Chiles-Wong, this year at least. The only team who could potentially have a significantly stronger lineup is China, and we know China have very significant weaknesses on other events.

I know some people are quite down on the US team’s chances after McClain’s withdrawal, but while they might not have the margin they have become accustomed to recently (especially in a competition without Russia), the US women are still clear favourites as I see it.

Olympic Team:

VT: 1. Simone, 2. Jade, 3. Shilese, 4. Leanne, (5. Suni)
UB: 1. Suni, 2. Shilese, 3. Leanne, 4. Simone, (5. Jade)
BB: 1. Leanne, 2. Simone, 3. Suni, 4. Shilese, (5. Jade)
FX: 1. Simone, 2. Leanne, 3. Jade, 4. Shilese, (5. Suni)

This is the Leanne domination dream though. She needs better routine construction than she will probably get.

what about konnor? sorry i meant for the above olympic team by gymBeauty

Last edited:
I think to the extent that there is one, the US are still it.
I’m splitting favorite between USA and Italy. I trust Italy to be the most prepared, but USA has the higher scoring potential without D’Amato to boost their bars and beam lineups and possibly having to use two 1.5TY vaults.

what about konnor?
It seems like the level of gymnastics she showed this year is very close to her peak and there won’t be much improvement, since she’s already struggling to stay motivated despite winning a National title. If everyone else progresses as I think they’re ideally capable of, then she will be outclassed. Maybe still 3rd best in the nation on Beam, but that wouldn’t be enough to give her a team spot.

She’s written multiple times on social media about not loving Elite Gymnastics and not even knowing if the Olympics is what she wants anymore, and being completely ready to start in NCAA.

I’ve not seen anything on Insta, and she doesn’t seem to have a Twitter. Where have you seen this?

Konnor has been through a lot the last few years so it’s understandable that she might be discouraged after another setback. I hope she keeps at it.

Yeah, I honestly think if they still had D’Amato and especially now Konnor is out this could actually have been Italy’s year. It’s just hard to see them being able to make up the loss without help from the US.

Right now, Italy has three floor routines hovering near 14, three bar routines that can pass 14, and three beam routines in the mid-high 13’s. And one that could pass 14.

Giogia Villa is apparently making her competitive comeback on FX tomorrow. If she were training her normal vault that would be a huge boost back to Italy’s team score.

But also why is someone with serious ankle issues competing 2 weeks before worlds, let alone on FX?

Last edited:
I heard it’s from Tiktok mainly. She apparently has a main account that’s really easy to find and then a more personal one which has mentioned that she doesn’t really love elite anymore.

I hope she has people in her life who she can talk to and get solid advice. Sometimes you need to persevere but sometimes you need to make a change. (I was going to say quit, but NCAA gym isn’t quitting.)

Right now, Italy has three floor routines hovering near 14, three bar routines that can pass 14, and three beam routines in the mid-high 13’s. And one that could pass 14.

Giogia Villa is apparently making her competitive comeback on FX tomorrow. If she were training her normal vault that would be a huge boost back to Italy’s team score.

But also why is someone with serious ankle issues competing 2 weeks before worlds, let alone on FX?
And now Andreoli just got injured apparently. So I’d say Italy is now the silver medal favo(u)rite with a chance to snatch gold with mistakes from USA. But USA be makin mistakes lately.

Last edited:
Come on now, it went brilliantly last time they had Villa competing 5 minutes before the team left for a major championship.

Konnor’s TikTok doesn’t seem that negative about elite gymnastics to me but it is the hardest sport to do and it’s obvious she misses her Dad. Honestly this is the only time I’ve seen her really down:

That just seems like normal complaining about stuff.

Last edited:
The unfortunate new Italian developments might benefit GB more than anyone.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back