US WAG world team trials

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Wong’s issue at Nationals was she injured her ankle doing her beam dismount on night 1, and it was hampering her on night 2.
Did she injure her ankle on the beam dismount? I was under the impression that she injured her ankle warming up floor exercise. Perhaps she tweaked her ankle on the beam dismounted and further aggravated the injury on floor?

Last edited:
She absolutely hurt it on beam. I watched her limp off the podium. In fact, she may not have even done floor touch. I’ll have to go back to my posts from nationals to see if she did.

Okay, went back and Leanne did do floor touch. I think she was hoping it was just a stinger, but floor touch erased any doubts. Her total absence from the national team camp/world cup selection is pretty telling about the severity, imo. They invited a bunch of non-NT athletes, including two other GAGE girls.

Last edited:
Leanne should be able to do Bars at least. It’s absolutely ridiculous she wasn’t added to the National team and the coordinators are already badly failing at their jobs if they aren’t supporting Leanne and making plans to have her on that event at Worlds.

Wong’s issue at Nationals was she injured her ankle doing her beam dismount on night 1, and it was hampering her on night 2.

But, GAGE, so I remain suspect about her beam until she hits 10 routines in a row with sensible composition.
Her beam was shaky night 1 before the dismount. I also think she was already injured before nationals. She didn’t do any tumbling or vault at podium training.

And y’all know how I feel about GAGE. Still don’t trust them. I think they overestimated what she could do when they gave her the hardest floor routine in the world after a full season of NCAA considering how her gymnastics is.

Last edited:
Who will be invited to selection camp?

Shilese Jones
Jordan Chiles
Jade Carey
Skye Blakely
Lexi Zeiss
Elle Mueller
Katelyn Jong
?Leanne Wong
Addison Fatta

Anyone else? Has there been any word on when Zoe Miller might be return? If Wong is out she would have a good shot at the 5th spot because of her UB if healthy.

Levi Jung-Ruvivar will get an invite. She was added to the national team when she was selected for world cup.

Last edited:
from reddit: I know they’re very unpopular, but I still listen to GymCastic for information like this: on today’s episode of Behind the Scenes, Scott Bregman commented that he spoke to Leanne last week and she told him she’s planning on competing at Trials.

We still don’t have 100% confirmation that DiCello has decided to skip Worlds do we?
She would definitely be a serious contender with McClain out. It’s almost a guaranteed World gold medal.

If Wong is actually competing at Trials for a spot, then she’ll have one if she hits bars. And in that case, I don’t see DiCello doing any events in TF. Blakely at least would do beam.

If Wong can hit a bar routine the team will be Jade, Jordan, Shilese, Leanne and Skye.

:vt: (Skye) Jordan, Shilese, Jade
:ub: (Jade) Jordan, Leanne, Shilese
🇧🇧 (Jordan) Shilese, Skye, Jade
:fx: (Skye) Shilese, Jade, Jordan

On the whole, who does the US have that has a valuable UB, other than banking on Suni Lee’s return to elite?

Hope not DiCello is the most boring gymnast even, hope she continues on to college… and guaranteed gold? 🤭

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back