Upgrades and Submitted Skills spotted in Paris

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I hate that it will only get an "E" value (unless they decide to raise the cap on pirouettes 🙏), but it would be great to see a Biles on bars!

Quick question there was a website last Olympics where you could watch all of qualifications, I thought I had it bookmarked is there a similar site where non US/EU fans can watch again ? If there is please share thanks.

So waitwaitwait. What is Rebecca doing for fx? Whip-chuso, then 1/1-mukhina, then dlo?

Simone has been submitting the Weiler full for years because she uses it to cover up a mistake she sometimes makes in practice. Since that is now the Godwin, I guess she'll just add another half to it if she needs it. Leave it to Simone to be so talented that she can just be like "whatever, I'll just add another half turn".

It is also probably low risk to do it in TQ. She could possibly qualify to the UB final but she isn't really in the running for a medal without a few splats; UB is their last event so she'll know if she is ahead of Jordan and Suni and what a fall would do (like if she had a YDP crash and BB fall and Jordan was within spitting distance, she probably wouldn't risk another fall), her doing it and falling isn't going to cost the team anything at that point (or they will know exactly what is will cost). Also, it is at the start of her routine, if she messes it up and falls, well, she can just reset and restart. I say go for it!

It is also probably low risk to do it in TQ. She could possibly qualify to the UB final but she isn't really in the running for a medal without a few splats; UB is their last event so she'll know if she is ahead of Jordan and Suni and what a fall would do (like if she had a YDP crash and BB fall and Jordan was within spitting distance, she probably wouldn't risk another fall), her doing it and falling isn't going to cost the team anything at that point (or they will know exactly what is will cost). Also, it is at the start of her routine, if she messes it up and falls, well, she can just reset and restart. I say go for it!
In my crazed gym-fan brain, she somehow qualifies for UB finals and just tries this skill until she gets credit and then hops off w/o dismounting. :ROFLMAO:

I apology if this was answered somewhere but could Suni still submit the jaeger full?

1722176004889.png

Did it get named for anyone today?

Nope. Both bailed out early if they were even going for it today.

We will see about the "Andrade" today, Is there a Visser after the WAG AA?

I completely forgot to watch for it with so much going on. She got 5.4 D, can the code experts tell from that?

I actually saw naomis floor and I remember thinking that was an overturned double, but I didn't remember she had submitted it. I'll have a look in the replay

I've been trying...
But do people really, I mean really, believe there is a chance of her doing a tty.
No reports of it in practice.
No reports of anyone actually seeing it.
Hasn't tried it on the podium.
The one leaked video wasn't even close.
I would say the only reason it was submitted as a skill is because of all the unwanted buzz from the leaked video.
Gymnasts submit skills that they never attempt often enough.
She hasn't even competed the amanar here! No????? No!
Then she's suddenly going to bust out a triple??????
If she does, I'll be floored because it's seriously not in my mind's eye as a possibility and seems like an accident waiting to happen...to never practice it on the equipment you will be using under a stressful situation.

I actually saw naomis floor and I remember thinking that was an overturned double, but I didn't remember she had submitted it. I'll have a look in the replay

Correct - an additional quarter turn and connected directly to a double turn.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back