Swiss Cup (11/07) / Arthur Gander Memorial (11/03) 2021

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Oh jeez, I didn’t realize it happened in touch. She didn’t even get to compete, such a gut punch for her.

I must have the wrong impression of what Graves scoring potential is.

She certainly is not at the same level as Melnikova. However, Melnikova has competed all year long (has got to be tired), has gotten her Lopez devalued several times, struggled with floor start value the last few meets, and fell off BB in both team finals at Olympics and also in finals at Worlds (not surprised that she skipped it at Swiss Cup- but wasn’t sure if she would attempt it instead of vault). So while it is encouraging that she has become relatively consistent in the AA this year, she is still capable of falling.

Greaves was capable of 14s on bars and also 13s on BB and FX if she hit.
If you rank Melnikova #1, Greaves was right there in the #2 spot at least comparable to Alice D’Amato.
Moldauer seems to have peaked now rather than in summer as he looks better now than Trials and Olympics.

Like I stated, Moldaeur beat Nagornyy at AGM. Moldaeur has consistently scored high 14s on FX and VT and 15 plus on PBs. Also is capable of 14 on PH. Nagornyy does not look as good as he did in 2019 and has made uncharacteristic mistakes this year. He also has had falls this year that we hadn’t seen from him in the past. As mentioned, Nagornyy fell in the final round of Swiss Cup, but Russia still won because UKR fell apart.

In my post, I said Greaves and Moldaeur had the potential to win. Which means exactly that. Potential. I didn’t say that they were going to win or the favorites to win. But Russia is Russia. You seem to have fixated on the word “win” instead of understanding my point that the pair was a potential winner. If Russia was the favorite pair on paper, Moldaeur and Greaves had to be the second favorite based on the roster and the format of the meet, which is not traditional all around and also has eliminations of pairs each round.

Last edited:
40.png
KathySantoni:
She certainly is not at the same level as Melnikova. However, Melnikova has competed all year long (has got to be tired), has gotten her Lopez devalued several times, struggled with floor start value the last few meets, and fell off BB in both team finals at Olympics and also in finals at Worlds (not surprised that she skipped it at Swiss Cup- but wasn’t sure if she would attempt it instead of vault). So while it is encouraging that she has become relatively consistent in the AA this year, she is still capable of falling.

Greaves was capable of 14s on bars and also 13s on BB and FX if she hit.
If you rank Melnikova #1, Greaves was right there in the #2 spot at least comparable to Alice D’Amato.
Moldauer seems to have peaked now rather than in summer as he looks better now than Trials and Olympics.

Like I stated, Moldaeur beat Nagornyy at AGM. Moldaeur has consistently scored high 14s on FX and VT and 15 plus on PBs. Also is capable of 14 on PH. Nagornyy does not look as good as he did in 2019 and has made uncharacteristic mistakes this year. He also has had falls this year that we hadn’t seen from him in the past. As mentioned, Nagornyy fell in the final round of Swiss Cup, but Russia still won because UKR fell apart.

In my post, I said Greaves and Moldaeur had the potential to win. Which means exactly that. Potential. I didn’t say that they were going to win or the favorites to win. But Russia is Russia. You seem to have fixated on the word “win” instead of understanding my point that the pair was a potential winner. If Russia was the favorite pair on paper, Moldaeur and Greaves had to be the second favorite based on the roster and the format of the meet, which is not traditional all around and also has eliminations of pairs each round.
Didn’t Yul and Nikkita have the same score at AGM and were separated by tie break? Although I agree that anything can happen

Didn’t Yul and Nikkita have the same score at AGM and were separated by tie break?
Yes, they did tie with 4 event scores and Moldaeur won on tie break, but Moldeaur also won counting a fall on vault.
Nagornyy didn’t fall but did take some executions on FX where it was not the cleanest presentation. Either way, performance wise, Moldaeur looked like the better gymnast.

I can imagine that both Nagornyy and Melnikova must be wiped out and exhausted. Although Nagornyy didn’t go to Worlds.

Yeah - I have no idea why those 2 are being dragged around the minor events post-Olympics and especially for Melnikova post- Worlds as well

n my post, I said Greaves and Moldaeur had the potential to win. Which means exactly that.
You said “ she and Moldauer had an excellent chance to win the meet as well”.

I’m not fixated on what you said just disagreeing, especially after looking at the scores and recent videos of Greaves.

I’m not fixated on what you said just disagreeing, especially after looking at the scores and recent videos of Greaves.
Right, they did have a good chance to win the meet.

What recent videos did you see of Greaves? The Swiss Cup training videos put up she was super clean and hitting. I mean you can disagree, but based on the scores given out at Swiss Cup, Moldaeur and Greaves were right up there. That you can’t disagree with, it is a fact.

Greaves did poorly at World Camp because she basically fell on VT and did fall on FX with .3 deductions OOB.
Her UB was 13.900 with errors, 12.850 on BB, and 11.850 on floor with a fall and .3 OOB.
A 13.900 UB, 12.850 BB and 13.150 on FX with a hit sets would have easily been top 2 with Russia in the finals.

Greaves could do UB again in the final round and coupled with Moldaeur on PB, if they hit, they would have beaten Melnikova and Nagornyy given Nagornyy fell on PB. Greaves with a 14.00 on bars and Moldaeur with a 15.0+ on PB would have been hard to beat, even with hit sets from Russia.

So again, Greaves and Moldaeur were definitely capable of winning the meet.

Last edited:
@KathySantoni
Greaves had D scores of UB 5.9, BB 5.6, FX 5.4 these D scores are right up there with what was shown at Swiss Cup.
Melnikova opted not to do BB, but had 6.3 UB, 5.4 FX, and 5.1 VT average of two vaults.

Greaves= 16.9
Melnikova= 16.8

Eek the photo on Twitter of Greaves’ knee is a lot worse than the video of the injury happening.

Very glad I read your comment before clicking the link…

But also - why would anyone screenshot the moment of injury? I just don’t get it…

But also - why would anyone screenshot the moment of injury? I just don’t get it…
It’s not the moment of injury, just a picture of her knee being swollen/red that Greaves posted after.

Last edited:
Yes it’s the after-effects. Seeing someone grab their knee doesn’t compare to what the injured body parts look like later. Poor girl.

Last edited:
At least it’s a pic that Olivia took and posted herself, and not something circulating against her will.

Here’s to a fabulous career at Auburn. It’s been a rough few years for her, but she really could be a superstar there if their team can manage her injuries effectively.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back