2023 Arthur Gander Memorial (11/1) and Swiss Cup (11/5)

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

irichluck21

Staff member
Defender
Arthur Gander participants

Screen Shot 2023-10-28 at 5.27.05 PM

Swiss Cup teams:
  • Switzerland - Stefanie Siegenthaler, Anny Wu, Christian Baumann and Florian Langenegger
  • United States - Jade Carey and Yul Moldauer
  • France - Mélanie de Jesus dos Santos and Jim Zona
  • Türkiye - Bengisu Yildiz and Adem Asil
  • Italy - Manila Esposito and Yumin Abbadini
  • Germany - Pauline Schäfer-Betz and Lukas Dauser
  • Austria - Bianca Frysak and Askhab Matiev (or maybe Vinzenz Höck who was mentioned in Frysak’s announcement but then Matiev was announced…)
  • Japan - Chiaki Hatakeda and Kazuma Kaya

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-10-28 at 5.27.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-10-28 at 5.27.16 PM.png
    188.5 KB · Views: 8
Arthur Gander participants

Swiss Cup teams:
  • Switzerland - Stefanie Siegenthaler, Anny Wu, Christian Baumann and Florian Langenegger
  • United States - Jade Carey and Yul Moldauer
  • France - Mélanie de Jesus dos Santos and Jim Zona
  • Türkiye - Bengisu Yildiz and Adem Asil
  • Italy - Manila Esposito and Yumin Abbadini
  • Germany - Pauline Schäfer-Betz and Lukas Dauser
  • Austria - Bianca Frysak and Askhab Matiev (or maybe Vinzenz Höck who was mentioned in Frysak’s announcement but then Matiev was announced…)
  • Japan - Chiaki Hatakeda and Kazuma Kaya
So Hatakeda having another chance to get that triple L named…
Which reminds me, does Jade still train that laid out triple double?

Last edited:
speaking of triple doubles, Has Simone said anything about hers? Like the YDP, I doubt we will see it again

Last edited:
speaking of triple doubles, Has Simone said anything about hers? Like the YDP, I doubt we will see it again
I think we’ll see the YDP, it is too valuable to ignore and she lands it the majority of the time. If she has a few more months to train and dial it in, she might even forgo spotting. But if she does drop it and make the Cheng her primary vault, she has no lead on Andrade after vault, probably not after bars, and then has to make it up on beam and floor.

I don’t know if she will upgrade her floor, I know i liked the control she had over everything some of the time this year and polishing that up might do more for her score than upgrades.

I think we’ll see the YDP, it is too valuable to ignore and she lands it the majority of the time. If she has a few more months to train and dial it in, she might even forgo spotting. But if she does drop it and make the Cheng her primary vault, she has no lead on Andrade after vault, probably not after bars, and then has to make it up on beam and floor.

I don’t know if she will upgrade her floor, I know i liked the control she had over everything some of the time this year and polishing that up might do more for her score than upgrades.
Crazy to think that without Biles we would be seeing Andrade as so insanely dominant. She’s now medaled on every apparatus in World EFs just like Biles, and I think Mustafina was the last gymnast to accomplish that since Khorkina? Is that right?

It will be interesting to see if Jade has improved. The extra time seemed very beneficial to most of the PanAm team, wonder if she has been able to capitalize on it too.

Any idea if it will be streamed?

Huh. Are those scores way harsh for one fall? Like, even short casts and leg form (okay, melanie’s dismount too) don’t seem like they add up to that much off…but im not a judge.

Huh. Are those scores way harsh for one fall? Like, even short casts and leg form (okay, melanie’s dismount too) don’t seem like they add up to that much off…but im not a judge.
This video has a different angle, she hits her feet on the mat after the Ezhova.

Crazy to think that without Biles we would be seeing Andrade as so insanely dominant.
I think it’s still exciting to recognize that Biles is no longer ‘unbeatable’, not because of any regression in her skills, but because of how terrific Andrade has become.

Pulling from her best performances at Worlds and (the legitimately scored) Pan Ams we have reason to believe she could go as high as 15.300 + 14.700 + 14.300 + 14.500, aka 58.800 all-around if all the stars aligned in a single meet.

Now, Simone at her absolute best still has at ~1.0 point margin (1.5 if she did the YDP sans spot), but even on a mixed bag, not-exactly-catastrophic meet she could be beaten. That’s new!
I visually love the look of her Moors if she could bring it back. But, criminally, it would only constitute a one tenth upgrade from her Chuso. Booo. If she can focus on overtwisting her Gogean so that fickle judges stop stripping her of it, that would be worth her time…

Last edited:

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back