2023 Arthur Gander Memorial (11/1) and Swiss Cup (11/5)

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Simone has both Rebeca and Shilese nipping at her heels. The latter two have some serious upgrades in the works. And Rebeca is really working on her landing; her stuck third pass double layout goes into the annals of best gymnastics moments.

Reactions: L_R
I honestly think Simone likes having the competition, too. In an odd way, it could take some pressure off.
That’s such a good point, it really made me think. She’s been carrying the “goat” label around on her shoulders for so long, it’s probably refreshing in a way to be challenged and beaten on occasion. It would make you feel so much less isolated.

Watching the swiss now. Swiss Cup Zürich 2023 (05.11.2023) | Arena

Don’t know if there are scores anywhere, but saw Yul on pbars and Jade on VT. She got 13.7 (average or highest of 2, don’t know).

Looks like usa wins over japan in the head to head. Oh, guess that was last and USA wins, they are getting medals. Looks like USA, JPN, BRA are the medalists.

Hope videos of Jade’s other events show up though the camera angle for vault was a bit wacky.

Last edited:
Watching the swiss now.

Don’t know if there are scores anywhere, but saw Yul on pbars and Jade on VT. She got 13.7 (average or highest of 2, don’t know).

Looks like usa wins over japan in the head to head. Oh, guess that was last and USA wins, they are getting medals. Looks like USA, JPN, BRA are the medalists.

Hope videos of Jade’s other events show up though the camera angle for vault was a bit wacky.
thanks for the link.
The first vault, Jade was over did it but she looks much better than worlds trials. She should not take a year off is she wants to go to the olympics

Last edited:
Yes they chose 2 to compete in the first two rounds, then a 3rd if they make the semi-finals. Then in the final round they can repeat an event.

thanks for the link.
The first vault, Jade was over did it but she looks much better than worlds trials. She should take a year off is she wants to go to the olympics
The Olympics are in 8 months so she definitely shouldn’t take a year off! 🙂

I’m not sure how classes and competing ncaa are going to help her goals. Are they going to let her compete her potential Olympic routines with their possible deductions and hope she hits enough to count or that they can drop her score? There is no bonus for competing a cheng in college, just form and landing deductions (unless you are Rebeca).

Her team isn’t so great that they can absorb scores like that week after week or just write her off. And competing the easier vaults doesn’t really advance her goals. Add in the distraction of classes and a competition season that goes through the spring…she seems to be handicapping herself but, maybe i just don’t understand the plan.

I’m not sure how classes and competing ncaa are going to help her goals. Are they going to let her compete her potential Olympic routines with their possible deductions and hope she hits enough to count or that they can drop her score? There is no bonus for competing a cheng in college, just form and landing deductions (unless you are Rebeca).

Her team isn’t so great that they can absorb scores like that week after week or just write her off. And competing the easier vaults doesn’t really advance her goals. Add in the distraction of classes and a competition season that goes through the spring…she seems to be handicapping herself but, maybe i just don’t understand the plan.
She isn’t competing VT or FX in NCAA this year.

The 23-year-old has been an all-around staple during her first two years in Corvallis but expects to compete a pared down schedule in 2024.

“We’ve talked about it a little, mainly trying to take it day-by-day just to see how I’m feeling,” Carey told Olympics.com in an exclusive interview ahead of the 2023 U.S. Championships. “But probably only going to be doing bars and beam and possibly not every meet, kind of just see how I’m feeling that week or that day or what the team needs and stuff like that. Nothing set in stone, but definitely not going to look like my first years has been.”

Last edited:
9910_2.png
Passion:
This makes it even more perplexing. If she goes to Paris, she isn’t going near a balance beam or set of uneven bars. She needs to be focusing on VT/FX.

She needs to be focusing on VT/FX.
She is. She is training those events but she will not compete them during NCAA season to save her body. I do think Jade will end up at NT camps and not compete NCAA that weekend.

Unlike the others, Jade is unable to defer a year without having it count toward her eligibility status.
So taking this year off of NCAA, would mean giving up her junior year completely.

Ever since her nationals showing, I’ve been wondering if Jade would change her mind about competing the next season of NCAA. If I were in her place, I imagine that I would want a team Olympic medal and another crack at a vault medal (although the vault podium is getting crowded).

If she doesn’t take the year off from NCAA I’m not sure she will be able to clean up enough to contend.

Ever since her nationals showing, I’ve been wondering if Jade would change her mind about competing the next season of NCAA. If I were in her place, I imagine that I would want a team Olympic medal and another crack at a vault medal (although the vault podium is getting crowded).

If she doesn’t take the year off from NCAA I’m not sure she will be able to clean up enough to contend.
Yeah, right now Roberson is her main competition and who knows where she is after her injury. But if neither of them have podium worthy vaults, i can see them being left for someone who fills in bars or is a better AA. Neither have FXs that would guarantee a spot right now. And for someone known for tumbling, Jade’s bb dismount is a never-ending tragedy.

Yeah, right now Roberson is her main competition and who knows where she is after her injury. But if neither of them have podium worthy vaults, i can see them being left for someone who fills in bars or is a better AA. Neither have FXs that would guarantee a spot right now. And for someone known for tumbling, Jade’s bb dismount is a never-ending tragedy.
Honestly Jordan gains ground if Carey remains in current form and Roberson is injured

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back